Razer announced Mac support!

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Aranince, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Daymare macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2010
    Hey I have that mouse. Now I can go get all that fancy software crap for my mouse. Thank you :D
  2. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2007
    This is awesome. Thank you so much Valve. Might have to get a Razer mouse now.
  3. nigameash macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2008
    Space: The Final Frontier
    yaaay! i am so happy that every1 is looking at the macs as a good market to invest in :) which means more choices in software and hardware for us mac users! :D
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    The day OSX graphics were found in the Steam beta I knew we were in for a flood of Mac gaming goodness. Nicely done Razer. I've been trying to use USB Overdrive (I think it's called) to mimic the Razer drivers on Windows but it's just not the same.
  5. teidon macrumors 6502

Dec 22, 2009
    Razer today released new Mac drivers for Orochi (v1.03), with one addition: Added support for button assignments. Get it here.

That's all nice, except that the possible button assignments are very limited. There's nothing like "Backwards/Forwards" assignments or Dashboard or such. Also there are mouse buttons only up to 5 (Mouse Button 3/4/5), even though the mouse has 7 buttons. Also no support for macros. You can only bind single keys, but nothing like Command+left or such.

Anyways, a nice update, but I hope Razer will further improve the driver. Also a possibility for Mac users to update the firmware of their mouse would be really welcome addition.
  6. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Mar 23, 2008
    2nd Star to the Right
    I'll switch to using Razer's drivers for their mice once it beats the functionality of Steermouse. Razer's Deathadder Mac drivers suck.
  7. Huntn macrumors G5

May 5, 2008
    The Misty Mountains
    I always wished Razor made trackballs, my game controller of preference.