Re-enabling startup sound does not work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vince730, Nov 20, 2016.

1. vince730 macrumors member

I've attempted numerous times to enter the terminal code circulating online that supposedly re-enables the startup sound on the new MacBook Pro but it simply does not work. Resetting the SMC and NVRAM and trying again does nothing as well. What am I doing wrong?

Code:
    sudo nvram BootAudio=%01

2. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I couldn't get it to work either. Would love a solution. I always liked the sound.

3. vince730 thread starter macrumors member

Running Sierra 10.2.2 beta (16C48b) if that makes any difference. Its quite maddening finding so many websites touting the ability to do this when it seems to just not work at all.

4. dugbug macrumors 65816

dugbug

5. blSwagger macrumors member

The member who found and posted the terminal code edited his post on 11/3 (originally posted on or before 10/30) to say that Apple disabled that from the firmware. :(

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/tutorial-disable-auto-boot-on-new-macbook-pros.2011044/

6. sguser macrumors regular

I for one welcome Apple's move to disable the start-up sound. I guess you guys have never been in a meeting or quite place where you needed to boot your Mac without bringing attention with that stupid start-up chime.