Read if you haven't gotten a tracking number yet...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BladeLWS, Jun 20, 2010.

1. BladeLWS macrumors member

This is for customers that have yet to recieve an email about your tracking number. FedEx updates regularly but sometimes Apple doesn't, and vice versa. So if your iPhone says shipped, or prepared to ship, try this.

Go to https://www.fedex.com/AltRefTracking?cntry_code=us

Put in your ship date, most likely the 19th or 20th, you may have to play with the dates some.

Destination country

Destination zip code

Now for the part that makes it all work!

In the field where it says reference, type in your billing phone number, with area code, no dashes IE 2223335555

Hit track and voila

2. HotFieryTech macrumors member

I ordered three and I just got the one that I already got an email for. I checked the tracking numbers and they were the same.

3. carowhine macrumors newbie

Mine is still "Prepared for Shipment" and it worked for me. Thanks!

4. fuzion macrumors 6502

Tried earlier with order numbers cell numbers etc... no luck.

Oh wait this is probably only for people who ordered from Apple.. aka those who are actually going to get the phone.

5. stohr macrumors member

wow, found my dad's iPhone 4, but i guess mine hasn't shipped yet :(

6. Topher317 macrumors newbie

7. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Nice, worked for me and my phone number. They got my info at 7:53am this morning. Hopefully I get my email from Apple soon too.

Also, it says Estimated Delivery by Jun 23, 2010 by 10:30 AM so I hope my theory about spreading out the activation load comes true ;)

8. fuzion macrumors 6502

That might be automatically calculated by fedex... wait until wednesday morning when it says 'exception held' hehe

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

thanx!

worked for one of our phones (mine) but not the other (hubby's)

10. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Ohh I know it won't get here early, although now that everything is set in stone, Apple could turn a blind eye towards delivery and without officially announcing anything avoid a second PR problem in a week.

11. pbush25 macrumors regular

Does this work for people who ordered through AT&T too?

12. yifanlu macrumors member

This worked for me, but I had to use my home phone number (which I used for ordering), and today's date. Weird, because on apple's site, it still says "Prepared for shipment". Also, there's an exception or something: "Package received after FedEx cutoff" I think it means that the package it at FedEx, but the truck already left, so it's shipping monday.

13. BladeLWS thread starter macrumors member

Good question. We'd need someone with an tracking number from ATT to check their reference, and see what it says. Sometimes if the order number, or the phone number, or something totally different.

14. Syk macrumors 6502a

On the Apple store it says prepared for shipment. Went to the link and put in my zip and phone number and it says that FedEx has received the shipping info.

Still haven't got my email from Apple but that makes me feel a little better:) but won't feel a little relief until I get an official one from Apple. Especially after the Apple canceled my order thread

I copied the tracking number from the link and saved it
    Thanks OP

15. Mark Booth macrumors 68000

Mark Booth

Worked for me! I got my FedEx tracking number, despite the fact that my status at Apple's site still shows "Prepared for Shipment".

Thanks!!!

BTW, I know it won't get here until the 24th but mine currently shows the estimated delivery date as the 23rd by 10:30am. I hope the "by 10:30am" part holds for the 24th as well. :)

Mark

16. pbush25 macrumors regular

I tried with the directions. Try with order number next...?

17. BladeLWS thread starter macrumors member

Try order number, invoice number (if you have one), your home telephone number (someone said that worked for them).

18. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

19. Gigzz macrumors regular

For those interested, mine didn't show up using my iPhone cell number. My Billing Address and Shipping Address have different phone numbers associated with them. My order came up using my home phone.

20. forza1976 macrumors regular

Nice, thanks for the tip. Found mine but it's in a Shipment Exception. Guess it will be late?

21. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Thank you! Worked for me :) Now to go track that plane. LOL

22. BladeLWS thread starter macrumors member

That could mean a lot of things. Most likely it was set to go out but missed the truck or plane. But don't worry that have the rest of this week to get to the US.

23. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

24. pbush25 macrumors regular

No luck on any of these.... i just want to know if I'm going to get my iPhone this week or not! :mad:

25. -E- macrumors newbie

Thanks for this. On Apple's website one of my orders shows shipped and the other still showed "not yet shipped". I used the FedEx form and found both are actually en route to my house. I guess Apple website isn't updating accurately.