Real example of how better the screen is.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Just imagine how good the graphics will look on the new screen. It IS the major reason I am upgrading.

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I have to say it does look absolutely stunning and will no doubt look even better "in the flesh".
I don't need the retina display but I'm sorely tempted.
Strangely enough, it's the extra thickness that's putting me off upgrading. Not because it's bigger per se but because it probably won't fit in my Zagg Mate (which I use extensively) so I'd have to stump up for a new one of those too

homeboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
London
I have to say it does look absolutely stunning and will no doubt look even better "in the flesh".
Strangely enough, it's the extra thickness that's putting me off upgrading. Not because it's bigger per se but because it probably won't fit in my Zagg Mate (which I use extensively) so I'd have to stump up for a new one of those too
The thickness is merely a millimetre more which shouldn't make old cases useless. It should still fit.

Phil A.

Staff member
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
The thickness is merely a millimetre more which shouldn't make old cases useless. It should still fit.
The Zagg Mate has a slot that the iPad sits in so any thickness difference or change in profile may cause problems. I also noticed that Zagg have a different one for the new iPad on their store which is why I suspect the old one won't work. I'll probably wait until people have them in hand and questions like this will be answered definitively

Nova Sensei

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2012
The Zagg Mate has a slot that the iPad sits in so any thickness difference or change in profile may cause problems. I also noticed that Zagg have a different one for the new iPad on their store which is why I suspect the old one won't work. I'll probably wait until people have them in hand and questions like this will be answered definitively
Yep, a wise person would wait for the die-hard fans to test it out first.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Impressed. The only thing I disliked about about my original iPad was the screen. Cannot wait for the new one.

OSMac

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2010
Impressed. The only thing I disliked about about my original iPad was the screen. Cannot wait for the new one.
Agreed, this is the one, will be able to use now in portrait mode for pdfs, web browsing etc.

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
Hope and really think that ZAGGfolio for iPad 2 fits iPad 3 also

I am in the same situation: I love my ZAGGfolio with the BT keyboard, and this accessory takes the iPad IMO to a giant different level of useability esp. with regard to text-input.

But when the thickness is increased by only 0,6 mm, I really would think (and surely hope!) that this "enlargement" will not create a problem using the ZAGGfolio for iPad 2 also for the new iPad.

I hope someone can try this out as soon as possible!

WalledMacGarden

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2010
I see jaggies on that k, WTF I'm not buying!

LOL I kid I kid:D that's really close up.. at normal distance it's going to be as smooth as butter, look just like printed paper. I can't wait!

Outside of medical imaging I don't think a consumer screen this size has had such high ppi

People are going to be blown away, it's a huge upgrade!

jojoba

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2011
You say that now....wait until you see it in person:D
Hhaha :D I think if I didn't stop the purchase myself, my back account would... so I'll stay away from any apple shops for a while :) I've only had my iPad2 since about November and I'm very happy with it. I might upgrade when number four comes.