Real Soccer 09

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by spyker3292, Sep 8, 2008.

1. stiphone macrumors regular

Looks not too bad but I'm not too sure if it'll be easy to play though. I'm used to hard button controls like PS2 game pads and stuff. $10 is quite a bit. Should have a free limited version for people to try out the controls and see if it's suitable for them IMHO.

I'm still considering. Will update you if i do purchase it.

2. moka macrumors 6502a

that game looks awesome, anyone actually have it and care to comment if there is any kind of lag?

will be getting it soon.

3. macedes macrumors newbie

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I bought this today. Mini Review:

Can have your own music playing :)

Settings

Duration: 5, 10 and 15 minutes
    Difficulty: Easy, Normal, Hard
    Languages: Lots
    Controls: Decent set of abilities for the players, see attached screenshot

Leagues: English, Italian, French, Liga, German, National
    Cups: International, European Club, European National, Asian, American, African

In terms of the English league the teams are

Man Red
    Chelsea
    London
    Liverpool
    Merseyside
    Aston Villa
    Blackburn
    Portsmouth
    Man Blue
    West Ham
    Tottenham
    Newcastle
    Middlesborough
    Wigan
    Sunderland
    Bolton
    Fulham
    West Brom
    Stafordshire
    Hull

I'l leave you to guess the rather obvious team names that aren't the proper names.

Can change the kits from home to away for each game

You have the ability to change the team both in terms of formation but also the players on the pitch. The squads seem reasonably up to date with the latest transfers, Man City didn't have Robinho though.

Controls were pretty good but will take some learning to master all the moves. Getting sent off is quite easy as shown above in the video. I lost my first match 3-0 having have 3 men sent off.

The players get tired during the game with a bar at the top right used as an indicator.

Some screenshot have been included below.

This is by no means a comprehensive review but of all the bits of the game.

Knowing what I know now I would buy this game again. It looks like it will be quite a good game and has lots of trophies to win :) Although if we were to believe the football pundits my season is already over after the first game :D.

If anyone has any questions feel free and I will try and answer them.

Attached Files:

5. almostaskater62 macrumors regular

i think this is one of the best games out for the iphone, the controls work surprisingly well, and it feels like an actual console game.

6. msmith2112 macrumors 6502

msmith2112

This is the best game i've downloaded to my iPhone yet! Very comprehensive!

7. brokoli macrumors member

finally an interesting game! I would love to play this with physical buttons tho. also, this is more like nintendo ds graphics rather than psp, prolly graphics will get better as developpers get more familiar with iphone in time..

cheers,

8. stiphone macrumors regular

Mmm....sounds and look good. I'm gonna buy it tonight when i get home and hopefully I'll get enough sleep for work tomorrow!! Yippee!! A soccer game for iPhone at last!!

9. diesel macrumors 6502a

Wow, the video looks great........i especially love the sounds of the stadium and stuff. I was going to pass on the game but after watching that video, i'm going to buy the program now!!!

10. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'm guessing [app]Real Football 2009[/app] is just non-american title of the game? They should really remove it from the U.S. store. People are going to get confused.

arn

11. diesel macrumors 6502a

yeah, that would get confusing!!!

12. tlove macrumors member

tlove

This Is Awesome

Finally!!! I have been playing pool and bowling games on my phone/(s) in the past. They were the only ones that were worth playing IMO. But to be able to play SOCCER.:) These are the glory days. If you have ever enjoyed a console soccer game, you will not be let down. The controls are complex, but just go through the training, it only takes about 3 mins, and you will be scoring goals in no time. My only gripe, I wish you could pick european club teams, or maybe you can and I have not figured it out yet. I'm writing this review after playing the game for the past 3 and half hours. Which is about how long it took to kill my battery from 100 percent. More games from these guys please:cool:

13. The Phazer macrumors 68030

This is really good, though they seem to have weighted Andy Johnson's scoring skills a bit above real life... He just got me a hat trick in his first game and it's been a looooong time since he did that :)

Phazer

14. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

just played it for the first time really liked it, gameplay is excellent.
    if you could play someone over wi-fi this game would be cracking:D

15. stiphone macrumors regular

just bought it and played it for the first time too. Awesome though the lack of physical controls will take me some time to get used to. Worth the price though.

16. klownshed macrumors newbie

They haven't done themselves any favours having the same game up with two different names, this would be much higher up the 'most popular' charts if they'd only put soccer on the US store and Football everywhere else.

17. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

I know what I'm doing sort of. But on the training for a long pass it says touch B and drag upwards??
    What does this mean as I can't seem to do it????

18. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

If you press B hold you finger on the screen and move your finger upwards. This will do a long aerial pass.

19. kolax macrumors G3

I found it funny when Phil was demoing it, he was like, "I'm a homeland guy, I'll go the U.S, and I'll play...Italy, as you know, were the World Cup winners in 2007."

Just stick to Macs eh Phil? ;)

And the demo - the goal Phil scored, it really made the game look crap. I'd much rather have a ported version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (or future 2009 version) on it than that. Can't beat PES for realism.

20. 03sho macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing Berbatov is still at spurs and so is robbie keane?

21. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

Don't you mean uniforms? ;)
    Couldn't believe Phil said that yesterday.

22. iSaga macrumors regular

Anyone having crashing issues with this game? Looks cool but I haven't been able to get through two straight games without it crashing.

23. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

had one game earlier and now it won't open.
    The usual!!!!!!!!
    Roll on Friday.