REAL suggestions for next update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tibby05, Nov 22, 2008.

1. tibby05 macrumors member

Lets come up with real, ideas for the next update that are actually possible. List only a good suggestion and if the thread gets enough hits then we can email apple the link of this post. Got nothing to lose, i got one good suggestion:

Having an option in the Google Maps appl that comes with it to have an option to turn the phones standby autolock off while in the maps. I dont want the phone locking up when im trying to find a place.

2. TheMBC macrumors 6502

3. LinMac macrumors 65816

Copy and paste
    MMS

Just getting these out of the way.

4. Aj2488 macrumors regular

LANDSCAPE TEXTING.... that would be so sweet.

5. thomas419924 macrumors newbie

definetly copy and paste for texting
    and bluetooth file transfer between handsets
    should have been in this one god knows why its not:mad:

6. matperk macrumors 6502

Agreed on MMS and Push Notifications. I would also like to be able to write emails in landscape.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

A feature I can only describe as Finder.

Basically, I want to be able to transfer files easily to and from the iPhone, preferably via any method of choosing (USB, Bluetooth, WiFi). Sometimes I need to type up something in just a text format on my MBP and then e-mail it through the iPhone. I don't want to pay $30 or whatever for some tethering feature that I would hardly use.

We just need the basic folders - documents, music, videos, pictures. Audio recordings could be stored in the music folder, potential video recordings in video. The others are self-explanatory.

This kinda sounds like a 3.0 thing instead of a 2.3 thing, but I'd put it at the top of my list.

8. palckofv macrumors regular

MMS, Forward SMS, landscape texting. copy and paste.
    To the person who said landscape email I'm pretty sure there is a free app in the app store that allows you to do that

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I personally want all of that just so we have something new to talk about. I must be one of the few that hardly uses SMS (have used MMS once in my life) and can really get by without copy & paste.

10. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

The main things I would like to see are syncing of To Do and Notes

MMS & Copy and Paste would be nice additions also

11. Shawnstra macrumors regular

Remote sync! Not like sync everything, just as if you connect your iPhone to the computer, only without the usb cable.

12. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

The things we have been asking for before every update :)

13. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

As someone said above.
    The ability to forward text messages would be nice. Every other phone does it??

MMS would be nice too but I think I've gotten over it now by not using it for so long. E-Mail is the way forward.

14. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

These are all what I want: (The order holds no importance)

SMS:
    -MMS
    -Landscape texting
    -Text Forwarding (standard texting features in general)

GENERAL:
    -EMail Landscape (In Apple's Mail App)
    -Bluetooth file transfer

-Push notifications

-VIDEO RECORDING ALREADY!
    -Copy/Paste

-Lets get the snappiness back in the iPhone, as in NO LAG. I would accept not having the above listed features for awhile if I could see some refinement in the OS. To buy themselves more time...

These are all simple, fast to implement and realistic. Not too much to ask, would you agree?

15. joelypolly macrumors 6502

Better support for non roman character languages in the address book. Currently A-Z doesn't list any non roman names even if the romanized version starts with that character.

This makes it very hard to have a long list of names as they are all grouped under "#"

16. B.A. macrumors regular

I only really care about MMS. I would only use it about 10-15 times a month, but it is just so annoying to not have this.

Personally, I can do without copy and paste. But if Apple is using this as an enterprise solution, its pretty bad that they have not implemented this.

17. jobsfnby macrumors regular

remote sync would be GREAT!....maybe only contacts, calendar, notes(hopefully), and maybe the email accounts. Just to keep the sync times short, that way you could sync all your media and applications when you connect via USB

18. Ademius macrumors regular

Lets not make this the billionth discussion about the importance of Copy & Paste and or MMS.

I would want to see A2DP for the next update. I keep getting stuck with the wire everywhere and it's really a PITA dealing with all the time. It also seems really backwards in a modern cellphone to not support it. Maybe it's because the stereo bluetooth headsets are still very expensive? idk.

19. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

Maybe Apple will support it when it makes its own Stereo Bluetooth headset. :apple::D

20. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm positive MMS and cut-and-paste have already been developed, but Apple just won't release them into the wild. Imagine being able to eliminate 99% of the bitching and moaning here with one simple update...they can call it 2.2.1 if they please.

21. stuy119 macrumors newbie

ABILITY TO EMAIL FILES VIA THE MAIL APP

Ability to download emailed files via the mail app
    Documents to Go (or MS Office) via the app store
    Push email
    To Do/Task syncing with Outlook

Apple needs to make this a "true" business phone.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How is this thread different than the 314 other iPhone wish list threads?

23. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I think the last 872 threads were REAL as well.

24. Ademius macrumors regular

I think the OP is refering to realistic. Something that may actually trickle down in a 2.x update. Beeing as such, it cannot be too major or too complicated, requiering a massive rewrite of the entire OS.

25. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Those are realistic threads.

In fact, there is a sticky at the top of this forum with 686 posts talking just about this issue.