Realistically how soon would these new MacBook Pro's hit the stores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nativetongue03, Jun 6, 2012.

1. nativetongue03, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012

nativetongue03 macrumors member

I have a problem here. My macbookpro was stolen last month. I am finally done dealing with the insurance company and am ready to purchase a new one but since we all know there is a new version set to be released I'd rather wait for it.

The problem is... I'm left without a laptop in the meantime. :(

Would early July be a realistic target date herE?

2. emacna1 macrumors regular

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

If you can wait, then right now you've only got until Monday most likely, at least to find out when the new ones are released. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get a new one before July.

jW

4. nativetongue03 thread starter macrumors member

And just how much might this thing cost for say a 13 inch?

I never liked the 15" and 17". Way too big. I even think the 13" is a bit big but it'll do since im not sure i like the macbook air

5. emacna1 macrumors regular

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Apple has a history of keeping prices the same while improving specs for each release. Sometimes the higher end models will go up or down, but usually the base price remains the same. I'd expect this update to be no different.

Out of curiosity, what is it you don't like about the MacBook Air? My next computer will be one if I can get reasonably priced Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptors by then (I'm anticipating it being a few years off still, I just got my current computer less than a year ago). For me, that's only because I need FireWire for the service work I do.

jW

8. nativetongue03 thread starter macrumors member

Well when they first came out i worked as IT support at this company where one of our employees had one. I got to play with it for a few days and was rather dissapointed in the processor speed and the fact that it only had like one USB port. The absence of an ethernet port didnt help either.

Actually I almost sold my 2011 macbook pro last year in order to get one but after playing with it some more at the store and my friends new one i decided that the cpu still wasnt worth it to me. THe new ones may be better tho since they now have the i5 processors

9. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The original Macbook Air and the version that was released in 2010 and updated in 2011 are completely different beasts. The new ones have much faster processors than the old ones and fast SSD storage by default. They also have a higher screen resolution (1440x900) compared to the 13" MBP (1280x800).

The rumored thinner Macbook Pro would drop the Firewire, Ethernet, and DVD drive anyway.

10. nativetongue03 thread starter macrumors member

i dont know... i guess i'll stop by the local stores and play with the new ones before i make a decision to buy this time. I really like it because of the size. I love my 13" mbp but it can look so bulky at times