Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I just opened this account on my lunch break... I'm very bored at work, and am open to suggestions to help make the time go faster?

I've had a couple of jobs recently that have had very little actual work involved. My previous stint was three months where I showed up at 9:00am, checked to make sure everything was working, then did maybe half an hour of fixes if something was broken. The rest of the day I had to myself, except about once every hour and fifteen minutes going to plug something in or unplug it. I usually left between 7:00 and 8:00pm.

On my current gig, I have some hard days, but oftentimes, I'm just hanging out waiting on the next thing to happen. It can be hours in between. I've actually asked if they'd rather me go help out another department during the downtime, but they want me to stay here and available.

What I do is look at fun things online, or better yet, work on projects that are really fun for me. Since I have a big hobby in 3D modeling, I spend a lot of time working on personal projects to pass the time. I get to do what I'd do if I were sitting at home, but I'm getting paid for it.

Find something that really interests you, and pass the time with that.

Now that sounds more like my job. Do you have a catheter fitted to cut down on the down time?

Unless my finger was on the red button to start the next war, I can't think of anything so important that I'd strap a pee bag to my legs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.