Really disappointed..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troop231, Jun 15, 2010.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Went through hell today with ATT just to try to pre-order an iPhone. Went to the store 3 dif times today, was ready to pay and then system errors occured. They said itd be fixed by 6pm so I came back at 6:15, it worked for a bit, then it crashed again, and now they tell me I won't get one until way after launch date :mad: Thanks ATT :(

2. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

+1.

Go to Bestbuy and reserve one. I was #4 for a 32GB Black. I have to believe my BB will get at least 4 iPhones.

3. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I don't have a BB otherwise I would've :rolleyes:

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Is ordering from Apple not an option for you?

5. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

No because "they can't handle deposits online" give me a break, this should be an important feature to design into the web environment.

6. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Idk what to even do, this pisses me off so much in many ways. The day I've been waiting for over a year was ruined by ATT and now I can't get one on launch day or anytime soon after that.

7. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Didn't you pre order last night from Radio Shack? Or am I thinking of someone else?

8. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

No, they lied to me, then later called and said I can come in to exchange the $50 gift card for cash if you followed that thread.

9. AshStorm macrumors member

Hey bud, doubtful this will help but I'm throwing out there.

A buddy of mine loves his iPhone but doesn't care about the whole pre-order / reservation business.

He wants to know if an item (in this case an iPhone) is out
    He wants to go to the store right then and there
    He wants to buy it on the spot.

Needless to say, for the last 2 iPhone's, he literally just walked into his local AT&T store on Day 1 and bought it. No reservation, no pre-order, no prior phone call.

The other option is perhaps Walmart. No reservation system. First come, first server on day 1.

Anyways, GL bud. I hope you get it on Day 1.

10. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Thanks!. Me too :( It made me frustrated that I knew more info than the ATT "reps" did and they acted like I was a dumbass.

11. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I guess the only bright side is I'll have more time to save up for accessories, and let Apple work out first batch bugs :)

12. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

That really sucks!! Sorry to bring it up in another thread, I should've checked the old one.

13. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Or you could just go to the shop when it opens...?:confused:

14. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I have to work like normal people most likely. No offense though :)

15. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

im kind of disappointed as well. Figures since the announcement I said I wouldn't buy one on launch. I'll wait for the craziness to die down and a jailbreak to be released. I only decided like 3-4 days ago that I was going to get them on launch.

Was going to get a Black 16gb for my girlfriend and White 32gb for me. So today comes obv first off no white :mad: so I figured I'll get hers for launch. I have to add a line for it so I wanted to do most of that online before hand. the Apple website was a mess this morning so I figured I'd try the app to reserve for instore. Its all reserved but I don't even know if it contacted AT&T at all so now im going to have a headache when i go in there on the 24th to add the line etc. all well making sure I don't lose my unlimited data plan in the process well I wait for the white.

and to top it all off? I ordered 2 bumpers on the apple store. a black one for me will be here on the 24th (I wont have a white iphone by then) the pink one for my girlfriend who WILL have hers on launch? ships by July 2nd!

Apple needs to get their **** together. Even if most of this is AT&T's fault.

16. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Agreed. I have a sour taste after today in my mouth. Almost enough to get a EVO without a deposit or anything. But I've been waiting for this for a few years and what's another month :rolleyes:

17. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I am as big a fan as everyone and am also quite disappointed

I expected some issues but this many is just...I mean...it really is as if they put in zero prep

18. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I feel like I've been conned with the $500 deposit, since last year for a 3GS (did not get) it said $250 for me. And since I have no credit, nothing has changed since last year either.

19. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

the ETF almost doubled since last year. I bet thats your culprit.

20. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

How would it relate to a deposit? Sprint only requires $150 deposits. I was hopin for the $250 deposit at ATT because I had enough money for that and not the $500 :(

21. PhoneI macrumors 68000

Everybody should take a deep breath and relax. I have little doubt you will be able to find one either on launch day or just a few days after.

22. JediZenMaster Suspended

JediZenMaster

The credit check from AT&T is valid for like 60 days which is why they had to do another. I know deposits sometimes are based on patterns based on geographical areas. Some areas of the US have higher deposits than others and some have lower ones than others also. So it could have been that your market was projected to have people who would require a higher deposit.

Insurance companies base their rates on the same method as well for auto insurance. It sucks though.

23. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

huh deposit????why would you do that?? no credit? hey com on in a year you could have gotten a credit card tsk tsk :p

24. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Tell me about it. Why does Sprint not charge as much then?

25. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

No not really.