Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bkosher84

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I'm beginning to hate iPhones... WHY do I need to turn the ringer switch on to be able to hear sound? It's effing ridiculous! VOLUME should apply on everything, it shouldn't affect when I toggle the ringer/mute switch. For example the app Vine, when I'm playing a video I couldn't hear any effing sound even when volume is all the way up. The ringer/mute switch should ONLY apply to phone calls/messages. It's called "ringer" for a reason, and thats when the phone rings. I'm really pissed off... I have to always toggle that stupid switch... My new phone will be an android. Tired of this *****.

The struggle is real bro... It's real...

heyitscurt

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I'm beginning to hate iPhones... WHY do I need to turn the ringer switch on to be able to hear sound? It's effing ridiculous! VOLUME should apply on everything, it shouldn't affect when I toggle the ringer/mute switch. For example the app Vine, when I'm playing a video I couldn't hear any effing sound even when volume is all the way up. The ringer/mute switch should ONLY apply to phone calls/messages. It's called "ringer" for a reason, and thats when the phone rings. I'm really pissed off... I have to always toggle that stupid switch... My new phone will be an android. Tired of this *****.

This IS a per app issue. Normally the volume control should function as you are expecting it to. Vine has always been like this... Found it very odd when I downloaded their app last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.