Really Pleased with myself :)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by geoffpalmeruk, Nov 21, 2013.

1. geoffpalmeruk, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013

geoffpalmeruk macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

So i thought i would write a post here just becuase i'm in a good mood and need to share it with someone!!

After years behind the lens i have finally been signed to a media company :)

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations and very well done. I can well understand why you are delighted - and landing a job in an area of interest is always a wonderful experience. In any case, I hope it works out very well for you and that your new job turns out to be a rewarding and fulfilling one, both personally and professionally.

How about changing the verb - or adding another - in your thread title? Until I read your post, I wasn't quite sure what you meant; indeed, I assumed that the verb 'stoked' meant the opposite until I consulted a dictionary.......

3. geoffpalmeruk thread starter macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

updated it :)

i can't provide links but needless to say it's for a big modified car team. Roll on the good times :)

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks - it makes more sense for anyone who happens to chance upon the thread.

Again, congrats, very well done, and may you long enjoy the new job.

5. geoffpalmeruk thread starter macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

just stills for the moment. aiming to get involved in video side of things soon :) here is one of my shots.

[​IMG]

6. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Alright, maybe nitpicking, but as far as i'm concerned, on the front page side menu, I read "Really pleased myself :)" :D

7. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

I see you live in Exeter, that's awesome! Where do you take your photos? I'm based in Plymouth.

8. geoffpalmeruk thread starter macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

I shoot pretty much anywhere, i work at Modified Mania and Dakota raceway. Also out and about at places like Japfest and Traxx

I can often be found night shooting around Exeter though.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

It has long been dealt with, but the thread originally read 'stoked' which had me baffled. This was a verb I had never encountered, except in the context of 'stoking' the furnaces of steam ships, so I suggested amending it, while congratulating the OP on the fact that he had successfully landed a job he had long dreamed of obtaining.

10. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Congratulations, Mate!:D

It's wonderful that you are now able to make a decent living (I assume...and hope) while pursuing your art.

(And if you want to please yourself...that's good too!:eek: :p)

11. geoffpalmeruk thread starter macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

haha!,

well it's actually unpaid but i get to go to all the big car shows free and get to take my shots to the next level by going places i hadn't before so that is reward enough. Maybe one day i'll go pro and get paid but for me it's just a passion and i do it for the love of motorsport and cars :)

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Grats! What kind of a media company, one focused on car photos like an auto magazine?

I don't understand. They sign you, but expect you to work for free? Are you an employee or a free lance photographer who has just been granted access?

13. geoffpalmeruk, Nov 22, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

geoffpalmeruk thread starter macrumors regular

geoffpalmeruk

Really Pleased with myself :)

The team are a non-proffit media team who host an online magazine. Basically i have joined the team. I guess if you simplify it it's a group of friends who take pictures of cars, post them online and just get free entry to shows for promoting the car scene

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Fair enough! :)