Really stupid YouTube question.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TrueBlou, Oct 21, 2016.

1. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I don't suppose anyone has ever noticed if there's a difference in battery power used up when watching YouTube within Safari, as opposed to the YouTube app? Yeah I'm being lazy I can't be bothered doing the testing myself :p

Had my 7 Plus about a week, first 5 or 6 days of battery have been astonishing compared to my 6 Plus. But today for some reason. Well I say some reason, I've been up since 3am so I've already racked up just under 5 hours of Safari use and a little over an hour of everything else. So that's 15 hours 10 minutes of standby and just over 6 hours of actual use. All internet is using LTE. From a full charge I'm now at 15%.

That might not actually sound so bad, but I'm sure it's been better than that and the only thing different today is I've watched a fair few more YouTube vids than usual, hence the question. Currently got auto brightness and raise to wake on as I'm testing the effects of those on the battery (I'm certain the battery is better with raise to wake off, but I suppose it would be.)

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed with those numbers. I'm just curious if anyone's noticed if your better off using the YouTube app rather than Safari. Just because I often wonder random things :D

(Soz for waffling.)

2. beernut macrumors 6502

3. TrueBlou thread starter macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou