Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 10, 2003
London
Peopel are way too obsessed with their ****. I just use and enjoy mine free of worring about all this meaningless crap.

How is posting a QUESTION, about behaviour that seems wrong obsessed.. sheesh.

I sympathize with your frustration, but actually, your original post indeed suggests the assertion that all iPads are like yours.

Why it was a question?

I tested this out last night on my iPhones charger I charged my iPad while reading on kindle app and it did charge it in about 15 minutes it went from 31% to 37%. While this is may be pretty slow charging (not sure) it still worked so Im not sure of the differences between our ipads mine is a 16GB wifi.

Thanks for checking mine is the exact same, 16/wifi

Op, what are you plugging into to charge, and is the iPad jail broken?
I am not experiencing the issues, mine charges fine.

Patty

Sorry should have specified.

I don't. I changed it because the OP has an issue that I wanted to replicate. I cannot so I'm back down to 60%-ish.

Plugged into what? The wall via the supplied 10w power adapter? A computer via a high power USB port? A computer via a standard USB port?

Ok, while I fully support smart ass remarks I had to try this. 50 minutes in playing Angry Birds for the most part my iPad is charging and the brightness is on 100%. I'm not experiencing the issue you're having. Plugged into a Belkin mini surge protector with the 10w charger. Three tabs open in iCab Browser after I was finished playing my game.

Thanks for testing, i don't think the smartass comments were warranted though. There seems to be an issue with MY iPad, which is why i posted the thread. I appreciate those who have taken the time to try and replicate, as i obviously don't have two ipads to check. It seemed odd to me, hadn't experienced that before, and the only change was an increase of about 10% in screen brightness... weird. I will have to observe over a couple more days, see if i can faithfully reproduce it. I also wonder if the battery has to be down to a certain level to experience this... I think I was at 17% when I plugged it in, and it showed charging, but dropped to 14% when just web surfing with atomic browser basically. I will also test some other programs, maybe atomic is a mega power drain for some reason.. bug perhaps.

Thanks for the helpful response, to those who provided them. I see no reason to be douchy on forums when people just ask questions... it's really uncalled for. I can understand it in a heated debate about products or opinions - this was not that case.

Kawjumper201

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2010
Thanks for the helpful response, to those who provided them. I see no reason to be douchy on forums when people just ask questions... it's really uncalled for. I can understand it in a heated debate about products or opinions - this was not that case.[/QUOTE]

No Problem if you have any other questions or want me to do some test just shoot me a P.M.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I had some bad weather and lots of damage. I used it to light my living room and to signal S. O. S. to an aircraft that was flying over. I am sure it could be used defensively if we had a vampire attack.

Too true! And slap on that sunscreen if you're going 100% :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.