Rearrange Mission Control Spaces & Full-Screen Apps

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Shadow%20Mac, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Shadow%20Mac macrumors 6502

How does one re-arrange the order of Mission Control Spaces & Full-Screen Applications? Can it be done?

2. phassat macrumors member

As a matter of fact, you can not do that for the moment. I have tried to look for the solution but haven't found one. If someone know about this, please share.

3. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Apple thought it's stupid to let people arrange their workflow the way they want, and that it's better for people to have their spaces in a predefined, random order. You can't rearrange them.

4. 5partan macrumors newbie

Rearange Full-Screen apps

at least you can kind of rearrange fullscreenapps, some kind of LIFO, demaximize all apps and then remaximize them in reverse order you want to have them appear from left to right.

5. sallylynn812 macrumors member

I just noticed that you can drag an app in mission control up into the top row to the right and it names it desktop 2, 3, etc. a + desktop appears on the right when you mouse over the top row. I find the only way to remove them from this spot is to add a desktop and then an X will appear for that one as well as the rest until you have just the dashboard and desktop.

certainly could use some improvements.

6. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

i CANNOT WAIT until we can (fingers crossed) move the screens in Mission Control where we want them, and PIN THEM.

right now, no matter how hard i try :D they act up, move around. ugh.

7. gentlefury macrumors 68030

yeah this is a needed feature and I'm sure will be in 10.7.1

8. kopite19 macrumors regular

You can turn that off. Sys Pref > MC > unstick auto rearrange spaces

9. JKColo22 macrumors regular

Yes, but then it shifts your full screen apps to the last available position, requiring you to scroll through all your Desktops to reach your full screen apps. Frustrating.

10. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

yeah, it sucks, really. i want to ORDER my universe and EVERYTHING in it (and am mad when i am not allowed to do so...) :D

11. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Apple will certainly add more functionality for Mission Control in future updates. I think we are all in agreement that rearranging the desktop order is a must.