Reasons You Will Be Buying The iPhone 7/7 Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alchematron, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

What are the reasons you will be buying the iPhone 7/7 Plus?

Here are mine

I’m upgrading from the iPhone 6 Plus with 128 GB

1. Three Gigabytes of RAM so I do not have constant web page reloads. Page reloads absolutely suck! This is the primary reason. I waited seven years for a larger screen and Apple was too cheap to provide sufficient RAM. So irritating I have to spend big $ on a new phone again so it works properly!

2. Water Resistance. For someone who hikes a lot in the rain, this is a big factor.

3. Space Black. I have always wanted stealth black for tech gadgets.

4. Faster processor. There is always the need for speed!

5. 256 GB storage. There is always the need to throw lots of junk in the trunk!

6. Improved Camera. Why not!

7. Stereo Speakers. About time! And I'm a music fanatic

2. Chronus macrumors regular

1, 2 and 7 are just hype and rumour, so you can't buy an iPhone on those grounds as you don't know if they are true.

The rest is just Moore's law.

3. VAGDesign macrumors 6502

VAGDesign

4. comptr macrumors 65816

Same here I am also upgrading from a iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB and the one issue I had with the phone was it always ran out of ram all the time. The phone would randomly reboot quite often. The upgrade in Ram alone is enough for me to to upgrade to the 7 plus and a improved camera is also welcome.

5. ARizz44 macrumors 6502a

ARizz44

Not being a smart ass one bit. Because I like having the newest iPhone and because I can.

6. scotttnz macrumors 6502

Reasons I'm probably going to get an iPhone 7 (plus)
    • I'm due a new phone subsidy on my plan
    • My daughters iPhone 4 needs replacing (handing down my iPhone 6 helps me justify a new iPhone to myself)
    • I have always wanted a more telephoto option for my iPhone camera. ( the reason I'm considering a plus this time around...just worried it will be to big for my pocket)
    • Water resistance
    The 6 still does all I need. I don't need a new iPhone, but I want one.....

7. Dave245 macrumors 601

I will also be upgrading from an iPhone 6 Plus. The following reasons are why

1. Dual camera
    2. 3D Touch
    3. 4K
    4. Live Photos
    5. Because I want to upgrade
    6. rumoured "piano black" colour

And whatever else Apple mentions in the keynote that interests me.

8. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

I own an iPhone 6 Plus 128GB.
    -Mainly for everything that was introduced in last year's "S" series.
    -AND whatever may be announced at the upcoming Apple Keynote.
    -Not to mention, with my device being out of warranty and right at the two year mark, my battery seems to be an issue...random boot cycles, sharp drop offs in battery percentages is a no go. Could it be planned obsolesce?! Who knows...:eek:

9. mitchsaunders macrumors 6502

I own a iPhone 6 16GB.

Reasons I want to upgrade:
    1 - Better camera
    2 - Need more storage
    3 - Battery is stuffed on my 6.
    4 - Because upgrading is cool!

10. watzup Suspended

watzup

1. BLACK COLOR come back
    2. Display improved
    3. design diff 30 %
    4. i skip iphone 6S [ time to park 7 ]

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm happy with SE, so I'll be skipping the 7, though I think my wife who has a 6 plus is ready to upgrade - provided she ponies up the dough and not me ;)

12. bigchrisfgb macrumors 65816

1. My contract allows for an upgrade.

2. I regret not getting the rose gold colour.

3. I get a better return on selling my 6s+ now then I would in another years time. This means that the upgrade cost will likely be nothing and I will end up with more money instead of having to sell my phone in a years time and likely still having to pay money towards the upgrade.

4. I want too.

13. MaxBga macrumors regular

MaxBga

I want change, lastest tech in the Apple ecosystem, I can.. Why not !

14. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

My iPhone 6 works just fine, so I won't be upgrading this year.

I do like the rumored black though, and the water resistance is nice.

1 question: if a sincere "music fanatic" why are you listening to your phone's external speakers at all?

15. Howyalikdemapls, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2016

Howyalikdemapls macrumors 6502

I'm coming from the 6 Plus as well. I'll be going to the 4.7" 7 for comfort in my pocket, but I'm going to miss the big screen. I'm also bummed I'll probably only get 2gb of ram but coming from only 1gb hopefully it will still be much better. Also bummed I won't be getting the dual cameras.

Biggest reason to upgrade are to get band 12 LTE support for T-Mobile because my coverage is terrible (Inland Empire Southern California), 2gb of ram, water resistance, black color, faster processor, and improved camera. I'll also be getting one for my wife for the reasons listed above and also because the battery on her 4.7" iPhone 6 is shot.

I hear a lot of people on this forum questioning why anyone would buy a new iPhone this month when the legendary 10th anniversary iPhone is only a year away. I think that's a silly reason to hold off. Being content with your current iPhone is a great reason to hold off, but expecting something mind-blowing to come next year is opening oneself up for disappointment. I wanted to get the 6S but I told myself to wait for the 7. The 6S was a huge improvement from the 6, and the 7 will undoubtedly be a huge improvement from the 6S. If I decide this infamous 10th anniversary iPhone is miles ahead of the 7, particularly if it has a 5.1" screen with small bezels, then I will upgrade again. If not, at least I will have a great device that is much better than my old iPhone 6 Plus.

16. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

17. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

It will have slightly better battery life and performance, and since I use it for many hours per day, that's worth $700 to me.

18. pr0230 Suspended

Only the second counts.... Well Said!!!

19. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

You can just add a waterproof case to your iPhone 6s plus, use a good bluetooth speaker system for sound (music fanatic with tiny sound phone speakers makes no sense, sure it wont sound like a bose system), the screen will not beat Samsungs oleds, and there are really no true issues with 2gb ram on the iphone......new processors are released every year so no big deal...what application on ios will actually utilize it....this is a complete failure of a upgrade.....

20. heyyitssusan macrumors 65816

I have the 6S currently, and the only reason I'd be upgrading is because I've been eligible for an upgrade since last year, lol! I'll see what the phone consists of on Wednesday and then make the ultimate decision then. If anything, I might save it for the 7S or the 8.

21. pr0230 Suspended

+1. I have a 5S 64gb... Only use it for phone, messaging, texting, Car GPS, face time... Don't play games or search web...
    I listen with head phones, so the new speaker does not interest me... I haven't filled up 64gb... Water proof, I have a Otter box (already water proof).

22. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Main reason, I am just plain ready for a new phone. Had my 6 for two years now and need an upgrade. Pretty much daily I can feel it being a bit slow so a speed bump is do. Second reason is the camera. The 6 camera is not that great and will be going with the 7 Plus for the dual camera rather than the screen size, I actually prefer the smaller screen.

23. Alchematron thread starter macrumors 65816

Alchematron

I work where my breaks involve walking in a parking lot for exercise. I feel much safer walking and holding my iPhone listening to music than wearing ear buds. I expected stereo speakers on the 6 Plus and did not get it. Waiting 2 years for the 7 Plus I now really expect it!

24. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

My plan gets me a new phone every year, so... I'll get a new one every year

25. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Snap

apart from i will go for 128GB