Received TWO iphones instead of one!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boonlar, Jun 29, 2010.

1. boonlar macrumors 6502

I ordered my iphone online and somehow they sent me two in the mail. Do you think they will charge me for the second one?

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Probably so. You can ebay that extra one and use the profits to help pay for the first.

3. stphnman20 macrumors regular

4. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

If they do charge you you could always eBay it and to pay them and still make a profit.

5. boonlar thread starter macrumors 6502

cool I guess I should sell it then

6. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

Ok but don't hold me accountable if it doesn't work as planned.
    It should as iPhone 4 is selling for quite a bit on eBay, just check yourself and see what you think.

7. ogdogg macrumors 6502

Sell immediately while they still fetch a premium.

8. jaeguyoon macrumors regular

it could just be a mistake and they might never charge u for one. in that case.....LUCKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

9. boonlar thread starter macrumors 6502

I sure hope so. These are selling for a lot on ebay right now

10. army91c macrumors 6502a

You're going to be sad when you get charged for your upgrade AND full price for the second. The laugh will be on YOU. ;)

11. Surely Guest

Surely

How's he going to hold you accountable? By looking up Apple-NoEscape in the phonebook?

12. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

So glad that some people have the integrity to not only keep something that doesn't belong to them but to also post and brag about selling it on a public message board. I hope someone looks this jack*** up on the net and turns his identity in for stolen property.

13. thatoneguy92088 macrumors member

It's not stolen property. If they don't notice or send him anything, then he is clear. If they bill him, he can either pay the bill or return it. Either way it is not stolen property at all.

14. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

this is obviously an error. It had a tracking number. If apple wants to find it they will probably find it.

15. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Stolen? Buhaha. Yeah, because he put them in the FedEX box himself, right?

16. Apple-NoEscape macrumors 6502

By sending me a very mean message with naughty words and caps lock on :( :(

But seriously, I was using it in the sense of 'don't blame me'

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Better yet, hopefully he will get scammed on ebay and then Apple or at&t charges him full price for the phone.

Do the right thing OP, and send the phone back.

18. whalebiologist macrumors newbie

If it was a mistake and he is asked for it he has NO legal right to keep it, it was not a gift so if he keep it, it is stealing.

19. tnisatard macrumors 6502

OP, SAME THING HAPPENED WITH ME! I AM SO SUUPRISED IT HAPPENED TO SOMEONE ELSE AS WELL!

anyways here is my story

i got charged for two subsidized iPhones, and I called AT&T about and they said I can keep it since it was their mistake and to think of it as an early Christmas Present

but anyways heres my two iPhones
    http://i50.tinypic.com/9u3og8.jpg

but the thing is they said I can return it and get my money back or keep it, but the lady advised me to keep it and use it on another line on my plan, but I asked to see if I could let my cousin use it on her plan (i said this with the intent of selling it) but she said if AT&T finds out the iPHone is activated on another account, my account could be red flagged and possibly my line could be cancelled, but she said there is no way AT&T can charge me for the full subsidized price after selling me the iPhone already for a subsidized price

but as of now, i dont know what to do, my cousin is telling me to hold onto it for 2 months (he works for AT&T) while he looks more into it

20. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

From experience...............NO

21. st1ngo macrumors member

The correct thing to do is return the 2nd phone explaining whas happened
    By keeping it and saying nothing becomes theft
    Joining the other parasites on eBay scrambling around to make a few quid is an option but then you are selling something that does not belong to you

22. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Any ethical person who has some class would do this immediately. Would they be tempted to keep it? Probably. But would there be any question of what they should do? No.

23. kwjohns macrumors 6502a

kwjohns

The law thinks differently. Maybe you guys should get into contact with a certain tech blog and guy who found a phone in a bar that was left there in error because it isn't stolen property if they didn't forcefully take it from someone right? :rolleyes:

24. JCCL macrumors 6502a

He didn't find anything in a bar or elsewhere. Apple / AT&T, sent it to him. Therefore, it is his to keep and what they want.

25. Lifesuxsbad macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

2 phone

I was sent 2 phone and charged for both at the upgrade price.. ($299.00). I refused one and had it sent back to AT&T. I am still waiting for a refund on that so who knows how long that takes.