Recommend a Tempered Glass Protector that does not Halo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OceanView, Oct 21, 2015.

1. OceanView macrumors 65816

Just ordered a 6S plus and was looking into screen protection.
    Now that most of you have had time to get one, can you recommend me a brand that does not have the halo effect?

Thanks

2. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

3. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

4. OceanView thread starter macrumors 65816

5. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

I use Zagg. Expensive till you are on fourth replacement. Chips, cracks, scratches, breaks, misalignment, dust underneath doesn't matter, I order replacement and in days it's here. No issues, no questions

6. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

7. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

8. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

$30 for a screen protector?? Wow, that's like when the store charges $90 for an HDMI cable.

9. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

Lol. Being somewhat familiar with amazon and it's prices, when I go to a cell phone store, I always feel awful for the people that are paying $30 to $70 for a screen protector that you can get for $10 or less on amazon. I got a two pack for $7.49 on there a while ago, and the quality is perfect. Paid pretty much nothing.

10. MikesGravity macrumors 6502

Exactly. Marketing can do wonders.

11. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

What do you mean?

12. sumiregusa macrumors regular

sumiregusa

I think it's just a matter of not all tempered glass screen protectors being created equal.

I'm a smart shopper and I've used cheaper options and wasn't impressed with them ever. So at the end of the day I just feel like you pay for the premium. YMMV obviously so whoever is happier with the other options then more power to them.

13. willmtaylor, Oct 21, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2015

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

HDMI cables are all digital, meaning of equal picture quality (more or less). I've seen and had many protectors and they vary wildly in clarity, hardness, sheen/rainbow effect, scratch-resistance, size, edges, etc., etc. Your comments suggest that perhaps you haven't had as much experience as others; perhaps not.

Ditto.

14. XRichard23 macrumors regular

Ice max is worth the $30+ to some here because it is truly edge to edge and curves with the iPhone screen. Along with that the oleophatic (sp?) coating is amongst the best I've experienced as well as the clarity. In my case I use a minimalist case with no lip over the screen, some go with a skin. In those instances the sharp edges of a typical flat "edge to edge" screen protector are just an ugly feel. Anyway that's my two cents.

15. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

I'm beginning to see this for myself.

16. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Apples and oranges as stated above. Digital is digital when it comes to HDMI cables. Screen protectors -- especially tempered glass -- are not all identical.

17. faded03cobra macrumors regular

Maxboost on Amazon works great for me. Inexpensive and no Halo.

18. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

For the 6S?

19. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

Daswise. Branded for the 6 plus. Works great
    For the 6s plus.

Attached Files:

20. wepiii macrumors 6502

Another vote for daewise. Can't even tell its on. No bubbles.

21. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Another vote for me having the worst luck. Can someone please shed some light on this. I'm giving up and going screen protector less. Anyone know if AppleCare + covers major scratches on the screen?

Maxboost. Supposedly for the iphone 6S.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See how they just slapped a 6S label on top?

And this is the new Zagg Glass Luxe!
    [​IMG]

I know it's not the alignment since all cutouts are lined up perfectly. Earpiece and home button cutouts line up.

I've never seen this before. My old 6 had no problem.

22. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I highly recommend the Benks ultra thin .2. Had one on my 6Plus for 10 months. Tried to go cheaper this time around with my 6S Plus with the Daswise and it was a no go. I purchased 2 of them and couldn't get a perfect install with either. So back to the Benks and perfect on the first try and same with one I bought for my daughter's new phone.

The Benks is paper thin and I think that's what makes the install so easy with no bubbles or spots that don't stick. The oleophobic coating is super and I've not experienced any chipping on the edges.

You can purchase the Benks on Amazon.

23. methoderik macrumors newbie

Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I have tried the Daswise and the Maxboost. Really nice products but they don't stick to the edges. Maxboost told me they are making one that will work with the "more curved" 6s screens, so I am going to hold out hope for that.

I think the most frustrating part, is most have 6s screens don't have this problem. So they keep recommending ones that don't work.

24. Boardiesboi macrumors 6502

25. methoderik macrumors newbie

Hahaha see what I mean! If you go to the Godosmith Ice Max 3D Amazon reviews, they clearly show it not sticking to the edges of some of the 6s's. So frustrating! :)