Recommend Mac RPG Game

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Fxguy, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Fxguy macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone, new to the forum and new to mac gamming but a long time mac user (Since the Apple IIe baby!) :)
    Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can recommend some Mac games similar to ones I currently enjoy playing.

Currently I enjoy playing

On Facebook:
    Farmville
    Verdonia
    Kingdoms of Camelot

On iPhone:
    Castle Craft
    We rule
    Farmville

Basically I am like these style RPGs where there is not a lot of battle but more focus on building towns / civilizations and resource management sort of things. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Fxguy thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been searching a getting together a list of top recommended RPG games, what I am looking for though is games similar to the ones I listed, which I am not finding.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may get better results by posting game-related threads in the game forum, where other gamers are more likely to be watching.

5. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Torchlight for Mac (Steam) has been getting good vibes. However the best RPGs I'm familiar with are on Windows or Console. Oblivion gets high marks for an open world RPG and it's available on Windows and XBox. Don't know about PS3 for that game.

6. ThomasLund macrumors newbie

Not sure I would call the listed games for RPG - but then again I dont think there is a set definition for those.

For iPad/iPhone you should take a look at God Finger. Pretty nifty. I also got CastleCraft, We Rule etc, and God Finger takes things into a little more "here and now" gaming.

/Thomas

7. diegobgr macrumors 6502

8. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

As everyone else is saying, your list and request doesn't really ask for RPG, but more 'strategy / city builder'.

I second Anno 1404 and the Venice expansion.

Also, the recently released Majesty 2 and Kingmaker expansion are quite good.

Of course, those are PC-only. You might also check out Civilization IV, which is on Steam now for Mac. It is more strategy than 'city builder', but you might like it.

9. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I skipped over this part on my first response. You are not into RPG, but RTS (Real Time Strategy) or TBS (Turn Based Strategy) like Civilization which does have fighting, lots of fighting in addition to resource management, or a pure city building game like Sim City.

10. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

You mean RTS's/TBS's. Lets see, if you like lots of resource management...

Rise of Nations Gold

and kind of off beat but still great for what you're probably looking for

SimCity 4.

11. savvos macrumors regular

Civ IV can be beaten without fighting any of the other civilizations (just the barbarians who attack you). It's a huge pain, but I've done it several times.

12. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I agree it is possible. :D

13. Tesseract macrumors regular

Tesseract

The two "must-haves" on the Mac right now are:
    Dragon Age: Origins (traditional RPG)
    Torchlight (dungeon crawler)

Edit: oh, you mean RTS/TBS
    Uhhhh Civ IV is the only one I can think of at the moment.