Recommend me....A blue tooth mouse for MacBook that 'WORKS'

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Dave in Wales, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Dave in Wales macrumors newbie

I bought a Microsoft Ultra Thin Designer mouse from Amazon. It's a beauty and the site said 'compatible with Mac' but MS say differently....Back it went for a refund.

I have a basic MS wireless mouse, with tiny dongle, it works a treat, trouble is the dongle, having to install/remove it every time.

I'd sooner not leave it installed for safety reasons.

'EVERY' review I've read of BT mice for Mac basically says they are a no-no, even Apples Magic Mouse, slow inaccurate tracking and they loose wifi all the time.

Anyone actually have a BT mouse for Mac that actually WORKS all the time.

2. b0fh666 macrumors 6502a

b0fh666

i have apple's and it works.

and no BT mouse would track as good as wired one, and probably not as good as a 'dongle' one.

it's the nature of the beast... bt is a shared band with AFH... too many things to go wrong and account for...

edit: yes, the magic mouse tracks really slow for some stupid reason... even when set at max. need to up the tracking speed to 13 (need bash or btt for that system prefs cant go that high) then it works well (for me, YMMV)

cheers

3. frank4 macrumors regular

frank4

I have the Magic Mouse and there are no connection or tracking problems with it, but I don't like the way it feels in the hand, so it doesn't get used much (I should sell it). Now I use a slightly modified Logitech M557 and it works great for me. I'm using a Mac Mini but expect BT mice would act the same with a MacBook.

This thread has more opinions about bluetooth mice, I have a post there with more info on the M557:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/best-bluetooth-mouse-not-magic-mouse.1878720/