Recommended Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by snverhallen, Aug 25, 2008.

1. snverhallen macrumors 6502a

I hate to have my iPhone covered with a case (it's so nice without one), but I reckon a case is handy in some situations, so I either want a super thin plastic case, or a nice easy to pocket silicon case, preferably with some type of screen protection.

Do you have any suggestions?

snverhallen

2. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

Now that it's available and on Apple Store shelves I'd recommend the InCase Slider for 3G: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/slider-case-cl59055

It's not really a full-on protective case, but it's very thin and the color and material match the iPhone's plastic rear perfectly. Good enough to keep it safe from the occasional drop--the rim juts out so the glass shouldn't hit a flat surface.

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

People seem to really, really like the InCase Slider around here.

For me, after trying in earnest to like it for about 2 weeks ... it's just kind of "meh". Like covering your $50,000 car in garbage bags to avoid the occasional scratch.

I wrote a review in another thread, for what it's worth.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=548516

4. tha80sbrat macrumors regular

I also bought an iphone 3G (yesterday) and I'm interested in recommendations for cases. The slider does look nice though.

5. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

if you're not overly clumsy I highly recommend the invisibleshield
    For small falls,dust,scratch protection it really can't be beat

6. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

7. carrjar macrumors member

Case Advice

If you keep it in your pocket, you'll want a a hard case. The rubber/silicon will want to pull the inside of your pocket out with it and case will stretch over time. The case I recommend is definitely the 3G Incase Slider. It's a little more expensive, but is worth it. The black matte case has just enough grip/texture to it, and is hard plastic for protection.

8. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for all your replies so far! I think the InvisibleShield would be a good idea for me but all those other cases are nice as well... I'm a bit torn.

On the InvisibleShield side, I haven't heard great things about it. I heard the corners don't fit well and the applying it is a bit difficult. On the other hand I love that it provides strong protection without hindering the appearance and feel. I did hear about BodyGuardz which is an alternative to the InvisibleShield. Out of those two which would you recommend?

On the case side, I like that it will protect me from drops etc. but then again I got T-Mobile insurance covering me against all drops etc.

snverhallen

9. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

The Speck Pixelskin case is pretty good. I also have the invisashield for the screen. I feel my iphone is fairly well protected so I could throw it in my backpack and stuff and not have to worry about it scratching.

10. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

In don't know man that Pixelskin is godawful ugly.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Get the best skin ever version. Great corners, cheap and awesome customer service.

www.bestskinsever.com

12. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

13. squeakyclutch macrumors member

squeakyclutch

I really like my Speck Pixelskin case so far. I could take it off and wash it with warm soapy water once in a while to clean it.

Attached Files:

14. Lord Sandwich macrumors regular

Well, that was back when the iPhone rear WAS made of metal. Now that it's plastic it's more like double-bagging garbage bags. :D

15. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm looking at these two cases from SwitchEasy. I don't know which one to get out of the two though. On the 2nd one I don't really like that red home button cover, but at least it provides protection for it.

Do any of you have experiences with either of them? If so, are they good experiences or not?

snverhallen

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      66.2 KB
      Views:
    • a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      62.3 KB
      Views:
  16. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

17. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

i'm only willing to use cases that don't detract from the 3G's form factor.

i've found 2 that fit that criteria, one that i have now, and one that i plan on getting.

i have Contour's Flick case now, and i'm very pleased with it.

the case i really want though is the new Power Support Air Jacket. imo, that's the best iPhone case ever made! you can hardly tell its even there.

18. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

19. schartzr macrumors newbie

I just got the first one and I LOVE it one of the best cases I have ever had.

20. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks nice, but I'd like to see some pics of it on the iPhone 3G, as the pics on the website aren't very good. If it fits as advertised, it might be the one!

snverhallen

21. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

There have already been about 50 threads on this already, but I'll type it again...

InCase, available at the Apple Store, makes a rubber case that is much higher quality than all of the other brands. It is a strong, durable, [real] rubber case that protects your phone and feels great in your hand. I highly recommend these. You don't have to believe me - go to the Apple store and compare. You will see that it is better. Also, many magazines have also recommended the case.

Attached Files:

22. ThanatosId macrumors regular

ThanatosId

iFrogz Luxe

I highly recommend the iFrogz Luxe, http://ifrogz.com/products.php?cat=432&wrap_overlay=4504|IP3GSoftTouch

It's as thin as the contour flick, but has that soft metallic feel and doesn't scratch as easily. It's only $19.99 and comes with a protective shield. I've tried a lot of cases. This is the only one that I have actually left on and will leave on.

[​IMG]

23. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I've used basically all sorts of cases except plastic. I used Bodyguardz, a leather sleeve, a microfiber bag, and silicone case. I stopped using the silicone case because it took away from the look of the phone IMO, and I now use bodyguardz and my leather Sena Elega case.

The silicone case fit well, was nice and all, but I was worried about scratches from silicone cases ect, so I ditched it.

as far as corners not staying down, my first application of BG the corners were a pain, but my second one I did like a week ago after having the first for a month and my corners are PERFECT. I had alot of bubbles on the back because I concentrated alot on the corners being perfect, but they all went away. I'm happy with my choice.

24. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

case-mate naked is awesome. got mine the other day, fully protects the entire phone, works through the case etc..

25. snverhallen thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any one have good pictures of the Power Support Air Jacket on the iPhone 3G?

snverhallen