Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
i have averaged 500-600mb of data for a long time. but now with my iphone4 and being jb, i am already at 3gb this month. this is WITHOUT tethering too. im in love with unlimvideo! oh and i have the unlimited data plan too.

what do you think about red flags to at&t?

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
ok, makes me feel a little better. i just looked at my current data usage and was like, oh my....

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
To AT&T, unlimited means 5GB per month. Just don't go over that.

Wrong. AT&T unlimited is truely unlimited. Last month on one of my lines, I was at 12.5GB. This month on another one of my lines, I'm at 6.30GB. I average about 12 GB per month on two of my three lines and have for the past year. There is and never has been a 5GB limit on unlimited data plans.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
Wrong. AT&T unlimited is truely unlimited. Last month on one of my lines, I was at 12.5GB. This month on another one of my lines, I'm at 6.30GB. I average about 12 GB per month on two of my three lines and have for the past year. There is and never has been a 5GB limit on unlimited data plans.

hahaah WOW, what are you using on ur phone that makes u get 12.5gb in a month? tethering?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
hahaah WOW, what are you using on ur phone that makes u get 12.5gb in a month? tethering?

No, I download TV shows. Sure I could use WiFi or download them on my computer but that takes away the fun of doing it on my phone.

I download during the early morning hours when my speeds are at their fastest, usually about 3Mbps. Took less than an hour for six 22 minute shows a few nights ago.

evilbastard

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
I average around 1.5-2g per month, and that's probably from me streaming live radio and C-SPAN in the morning and afternoon commute.

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Just Got Off The Phone With At&t And He Said It Is A Truely Unlimited Plan. I Could Download 100gb And Not Extra Charge. :d:d:d

thatoneguy92088

macrumors member
Dec 30, 2009
No, I download TV shows. Sure I could use WiFi or download them on my computer but that takes away the fun of doing it on my phone.

I download during the early morning hours when my speeds are at their fastest, usually about 3Mbps. Took less than an hour for six 22 minute shows a few nights ago.

So you could use wifi on your phone with one button press, but instead you make an entire thread asking about at&t red flags? Why not just use wifi?

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
im just curious what you are doing to use that much data, I surf the web all day and use youtube often enough but never come close to even a gig a month...

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
im just curious what you are doing to use that much data, I surf the web all day and use youtube often enough but never come close to even a gig a month...

Tethering multiple devices simultaneously, flash, and movies is the answer my friend

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
I have never used more than half a gig of my unlimited plan, but as soon as I can JB a new white i4, I'm gonna ramp up the Data all I can

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.