Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

TheYankees1903

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Sweet!

That is really sick. I was really hoping this would come out with the initial launch... Those fakes that went around the day before WWDC made the RED look HOT!!!!!

BTW I am interested in learning to program for the iPhone but no nothing about it as of now. Anyone know where I should go to start learning? I got some sick ideas for Apps that I can't wait to deliver to you guys!

Thanks,
TheYankees1903 :apple:

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
If they make one in Pantone 301 C, then count me in.

Also 32gb and more powerful battery please.

Until then, my 16gb black 3g will do just fine. :D

TheYankees1903

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Count me in

Count me in for 33.3 million of these babies. One for each person with HIV / AIDS in the world. Apple is doing a good job with its iPod Shuffle / Nano Product Red line but a RED iPhone would be huge. Not only would it sell like crazy but it would also raise a lot of money.

COME ON APPLE!

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Meh, the red is nice around the holidays but the novelty will wear off. I prefer classic colors. And there are other ways to donate to charity then to buy stuff from AAPL!

jonnos

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2007
Sydney, Australia
this would be awesome! i own a product red shuffle already. i dont have my iphone yet but already been looking @ some gelaskins that is majority filled with the red colour. or a red incase hardcase. candyapple red would look yummy!

phalewhale

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
My brother-in-law already has a red iPhone. Admittedly, it's a custom paint job type affair from Colorware but it does look pretty slick, apart from a poor quality finish on one side of the iPhone. Not something I would do of course but everyone's different.

speedbumpnv

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
the current Product(RED) iPods look great. the deep red looks amazing. the last generation Nano also looked pretty good other than the white wheel made it look like a candy cane.

im not sure how red plastic would look however. i think the only reason colors do well on the Nanos and Shuffles is the aluminum. colored plastic might look cheap.

if they could pull off a deep rich red that didnt look cheap, then i might have to got a 3rd iphone :eek:.

bobbleheadbob

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2007
Massachusetts
Who's the devil woman on the front of the red phone? Cute, but kind of creepy.

Anyway, this rumor feels 100% made up. I'm happy with the 16GB black for now.

qubex

macrumors 6502
Count me in for 33.3 million of these babies. One for each person with HIV / AIDS in the world. Apple is doing a good job with its iPod Shuffle / Nano Product Red line but a RED iPhone would be huge. Not only would it sell like crazy but it would also raise a lot of money.

COME ON APPLE!

Either you're a master of sarcasm, or you're somewhat unsophisticated. I'm not sure in which category to place you.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I think this is a good idea, but I'm pretty sure Motorola already has a range of Product Red mobile phones?

As the exclusive wireless partner for (PRODUCT) RED, Motorola is producing special RED versions of its signature handsets, including the RED MOTORAZR and RED MOTOSLVR.

Emphasis mine.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
If it really comes out, I'd work hard to figure out a way to switch out my white for the red. I'd love to have a red iPhone, and the one in this link looks better than the other. This one's a deeper red, and looks much better.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
We'll see, but I think that a red-backed iPhone 3G will be pretty popular compared with the current white-one.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
That is really sick. I was really hoping this would come out with the initial launch... Those fakes that went around the day before WWDC made the RED look HOT!!!!!

BTW I am interested in learning to program for the iPhone but no nothing about it as of now. Anyone know where I should go to start learning? I got some sick ideas for Apps that I can't wait to deliver to you guys!

Thanks,

Yeah, developer.apple.com. :)

Download the SDK as well as the videos, PDF's, sample code, etc. :)

Also, Apple says that if you are familiar with C++, it's fairly easy to understand Objective C. We'll see once I start coding some apps too. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.