RED SOX or YANKEES my Politics (which)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LoveMyRedSox, Sep 3, 2008.

?

Red Sox or Yankees

Poll closed Oct 3, 2008.
  1. Red Sox

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. Yankees

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. LoveMyRedSox macrumors member

Ok since I'm still a newbie and can't post on that other thread, I thought I would pose this Provocative question. I know my feelings are going to get hurt because as you can see i'm a Red Sox Fan, and I'm of the sensitive gender. JMO.

So I'm doing a very scientific poll of the Mac Community. Who do you like better or who do you hate the least? Please specify.

GO RED SOX!!!!

:D:D:D

2. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

3. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

hate the redsox and anything that comes out of boston. and i'm not even a yankee fan.

4. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

WTF is a sensitive gender?:rolleyes:

I'm a huge Red Sox fan, but what does that have to do with politics? Am I missing something?

BTW, you can add polls to your own threads.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Red Sox all the way.

why is that? bc you are from NY? the rivalry between boston and ny is really just MLB specific.... not sure why you would hate anything that comes out of boston!?!?

6. LoveMyRedSox thread starter macrumors member

Again...........I can't post on the Politics board because i'm a newbie.

It's a joke...........Sorry

Maybe my female gender (you know a bit more sensitive) just says things a bit differently. I was Joking. Just saying it was my politics.

Why do you have to get so uptight about that?

7. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

I'm English so the hatred between the Red Sox and the Yankees is a little lost on me. However I'm a huge sports fan. So to pick my team from another country I go for a team from the first city I visited in the country. The first city I went to in America was... Boston, so all I can say is... The Yankees suck :D

My evidence!!!

8. LoveMyRedSox thread starter macrumors member

I joined this Mac community because I googled something and found the thread really interesting.

But then found out I couldn't post on it.

I figured since I have apple products it would be interesting..........but it is different being in a Co-ed community. I find it very hard to word things to both sexes.

I've never had that problem before. So I figured it would be obvious who the sensitive gender is. Not to say that men aren't. But I wouldn't have to argue with my husband and his friends that they don't consider themselves the sensitive gender. (for the most part)

9. ColinEC macrumors 6502

Yankees fan, and if I had to choose another favorite team it'd have to be the Red Sox :)

10. LoveMyRedSox thread starter macrumors member

Wow Colin............I didn't know that was possible

11. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

most red sox and yankees fans wear pink hats so what does it matter anyway?

12. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Hate the Red Sox love the Yankees favourite star is Derek Jeter:
    [​IMG]

Yankees all the way wooooo!!!!!!!!

13. LoveMyRedSox thread starter macrumors member

Northy I was waiting............

Too Bad the Yankees are 10 games behind..............:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah my husband loves his pink red sox hat.

14. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

I was waiting for you to be annoying!

Don't care I still support them I don't swap and change when the going gets bad.

15. da2005pizimp macrumors 6502

i used go for the red sox when they played each other b/c i hated the yankees but now i have to say that the red sox are just as annoying as the yanks. Go Braves!!!!!!

16. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yawn. That's what I think.

This might come as a huge surprise, but most of the country doesn't care about either one of these teams.

Believe it or don't.

17. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Welcome to the forums. Sincerely. :)
    You don't have to like my WTF, just like I don't have to like your "sensitive gender" comment. Yes, we're all different and this woman chose to say what I did, because I didn't get what your gender had to to with baseball.

Okay. I wondered if I was missing a politics/baseball thread.

BTW, I went to a Red Sox/Angels game in July, and there were a TON of Red Sox fans in Angels Stadium. Probably a good 35-40%. It was crazy! And fun! But we lost in the end. It was a sweep. We were there for the last game of the series, and the Angels fans had a good time giving us a hard time. :rolleyes:

18. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Red Sox all the way, I can't stand the Yankees.

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

it definitely goes past just MLB.

do the brewers have any fans? :p I actually agree with you though. Across the country 90% of the Sox "fans" you see are pink hatters who started wearing their red sox **** after the sox won in 04 and 07. Obviously though in the New England area there's still tons of die hard fans. The pink hatters with their damn ellsbury shirts are wicked annoying though.

most overrated player in baseball. He has no range anymore and is one of the worst shortstops in the AL. Look at his fielding numbers if you don't believe me. He's been ranked in the bottom part for quite a while now.

:rolleyes:

20. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

And that's why the Red Sox have the highest average road attendance...
    Because they're not the underdogs anymore? :rolleyes:
    HAHAHAHAHA!
    Better than the Mariners though. :p

21. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I live in Connecticut where it's apparently 50/50, and even though I live closer to New York than Boston, I developed into a casual Red Sox fan when I was pretty young. The Mets were my NL team for a while but I got sick of watching them collapse so I decided around 5th grade to just not have an NL team. :p

Tom Werner, one owners of the Red Sox, went to my high school and spoke at my graduation, which was cool. He came prepared with custom embroidered Sox hats with our school and class year on the back for every graduate. :)

[​IMG]

22. LoveMyRedSox thread starter macrumors member

Honestly didn't mean any offense by sensitive gender other than my husband thinks I'm way too senstive.........Especially when the red sox lose....
    So instead of saying I was female and a sore loser, I put that. But I guess all our points are well taken.

And a friend from my HS played on the Angels I think around '97 but he never went anywhere. He eventually retired.

I definitely wouldn't go to a Dodger game if the Sox were playing. I've read that the fans are very protective. :eek::eek::eek:

23. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

oh for cryin out loud..

I prefer calling you the weaker gender over "sensitive"

god knows guys are sensitive too but don't try to compare women too men, thats how we got rosie o'donnell

if you were a true baseball fan you would know what that means:p

24. nakamuramori2 macrumors regular

Yankees vs red sox....well it's hard to answer.. OK i bet on Dogers !
    Go Go Go LA dogers.