Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Like AJ said, if you have 05.08 bootloader, then you can downgrade its baseband. However, it is a little complicated process you need to go through because fuzzyband only support firmware up to 4.1. Yours is 4.2.1, so you can't just run fuzzyband from there.

Oh, good catch Crx.
I didnt know that.
In that case I'd downgrade back to 3.1.3 on your iphone 3G.
JB it and then run fuzzyband on cydia to see if your bootrom is compatible in order to downgrade your baseband.
Then if it is, downgrade the bb and create a custom 4.2.1 to restore to in order to save your unlockable baseband and then install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock.
If fuzzyband dont support your device your only option is the ipad bb.
If anything we say sounds like chinese research and learn more about jailbreaking before you try anything on your device.
Good luck.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Oh, good catch Crx.
I didnt know that.
In that case I'd downgrade back to 3.1.3 on your iphone 3G.
JB it and then run fuzzyband on cydia to see if your bootrom is compatible in order to downgrade your baseband.
Then if it is, downgrade the bb and create a custom 4.2.1 to restore to in order to save your unlockable baseband and then install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock.
If fuzzyband dont support your device your only option is the ipad bb.
If anything we say sounds like chinese research and learn more about jailbreaking before you try anything on your device.
Good luck.

I ran fuzzyband on 4.2.1 and it says, "Sorry, downgrading will only work with Baseband Bootloader 05.08 , but I will downgrade to 3.1.3 and retry it.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
I ran fuzzyband on 4.2.1 and it says, "Sorry, downgrading will only work with Baseband Bootloader 05.08 , but I will downgrade to 3.1.3 and retry it.

You have a bootloader of 05.09 on your phone, you can't downgrade its baseband.

What I mean on fuzzyband relate to 4.2.1 is that even if you have bootloader 05.08 on your phone and if your phone is on 4.2.1, you can't run it and downgrade its baseband because fuzzyband doesn't support 4.2.1. So, you need to downgrade your phone firmware to a lower version 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.1 then you can use fuzzyband to downgrade its baseband.

You have only 1 option to unlock your phone now which is the 06.15 baseband route. Read about the cons before you proceed.

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
You have a bootloader of 05.09 on your phone, you can't downgrade its baseband.

What I mean on fuzzyband relate to 4.2.1 is that even if you have bootloader 05.08 on your phone and if your phone is on 4.2.1, you can't run it and downgrade its baseband because fuzzyband doesn't support 4.2.1. So, you need to downgrade your phone firmware to a lower version 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.1 then you can use fuzzyband to downgrade its baseband.

You have only 1 option to unlock your phone now which is the 06.15 baseband route. Read about the cons before you proceed.

Isn't that the ipad firmware; in which case you loose gps?

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
There is a company on the internet that will unlock your iphone no matter what it is with software you download for $25 does this work?

Yeah, it works, they use the same tool(s) we are using here. So, for your phone, they will put the ipad baseband on it and unlock it with ultrasn0w and take your $25. You can do that here for free. It is your choice :D

waloshin

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Yeah, it works, they use the same tool(s) we are using here. So, for your phone, they will put the ipad baseband on it and unlock it with ultrasn0w and take your $25. You can do that here for free. It is your choice :D

Don't fall for scams like that. There's hundreds on sites like that will take your money and give you download links for redsnow and tutorials that we give people for free here.

Haha thanks I already jailbroke my phone so I don't need to pay someone $25 for that.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.