References to Next-Generation MacBook Pro Models Discovered in macOS 10.12.4 Beta

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 7, 2017.

1. xWhiplash, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017

xWhiplash macrumors 65816

Completely false. Windows cannot run FCPX and even in 2017, the 2013 Mac Pro is still the best for FCPX.

Windows is becoming SO BAD. Even worse than Vista (I had no problems with Vista and I actually liked Vista, but others had problems with it).

When the 1511 update came out, my anti-virus software was removed and I had to reinstall it.

When 1607 came out, none of my shortcuts worked "bad stub data was received" or some error like that and updates would fail to download. Other people reported issues with their networking or webcams broken.

How can Microsoft release an update that severely breaks any and all shortcuts? We have had shortcuts since Windows 95.

I would gladly pay an extra $1,000 just for macOS at this point. I only use Windows 10 due to Visual Studio and games.

I was ALL for Windows 10 when it launched. Telling everyone to make use out of the free upgrade. I even spent $600 on brand new licenses for my systems. However, after every "big" update, it just seems to get worse and worse. I even had the start menu fail to open 10 times on several computers. I have never had Windows 7 encounter this issue. I get an error EVERY TIME I shut down my computer regarding OneDrive, even though I disabled it through GPO and on the local computer itself.

2. macintoshi, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017

macintoshi macrumors 6502

macintoshi

Only if apple puts a 32GB option, with a almost 3GB of a graphics card and the latest BGA NVMe SSD with 2 terras of space, i will join the new apple macbook pro wagon, otherwise i will look at the surfacebook 2... Apple lately seems to not care, to be the best computer creator, all they want is theyr money, very sad time.... can't wait cook leaves apple.... well will look for better times, when macs become a great choice again...

3. dysamoria macrumors 6502a

dysamoria

Don't care. Want Mac Pro renewed into being an actual power user computer.

4. ventricle macrumors member

ventricle

I don’t use laptops, only desktops. If I were to use one it would be the Air, but that’s gone now. The TouchBar is a selection gimmick good for a lumpy set to select from like a small number of emojis. I’m not impressed by change for the sake of change. I’d rather contextual menu selectors and toolbars.

I can’t buy what isn’t for sale, and what is for sale is not particularly compelling, so Apple has been missing out on my allocated budget for hardware upgrades for quite a number of years now. “Switching” is becoming an option but I’m not ready to pull the plug while my 5,1 still does the job.

5. 2128506 macrumors regular

Power users seem to build their own Mac Pros these days. Cheaper too.

If only Apple would open up OS X internals...

6. Greymacuser, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017

Greymacuser macrumors member

Oh I wish they would. That would be so awesome if they just sold the OS and allowed you to build your own powerhouse.

7. jblagden macrumors 6502a

jblagden

Ditto, but I'd also like a 2TB hard drive, USB-A, Ethernet and MagSafe.

8. kyykesko macrumors regular

kyykesko

Got one of those. I'd be happy if I could install any recent enough OS X on it.

9. Hitrate macrumors regular

Hitrate

First of all, theres the "new" Macbook which you could rightfully and confidently nickname "Air", so ya, theres that. Guess your way of not directly answering the question means that no, you have not used the touchbar, only formed a negative opinion on it, based off of some online images of its emoji capabilities. Lastly, guess when the function keys where last "changed"? For something to be change for the sake of change, doesnt it have to be something thats actually changed every now and then, for you to have an issue with it? Sorry just trying to get to the bottom of how your "logic" works.

10. ventricle macrumors member

ventricle

I’m mostly a desktop guy and would want compatibility between devices, including the keyboard.

11. Greymacuser macrumors member

Amen.

12. nph, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017

nph macrumors 6502a

Would this have the layered logicboard with larger battery? That would be worth waiting for!
    But as far as I can remember when new models show up in an upcoming os x release that is usually a sign that the models will come out around the same time or? If they release this SW in April I can't see that they would release the updated machines months later. Am I off here?

13. Skoal macrumors 65816

Not everyone falls for the specs = better machine
    --- Post Merged, Mar 18, 2017 ---

Methinks you haven't actually used said machine but rather read specs without seeing results behind said specs. What is a "pro" these days anyway?

14. Naraxus macrumors regular

Naraxus

That's clearly the case with Tim Cook. His toys haven't had better specs or hardware for years and it shows.

I have used them and they are as underpowered and decidedly NOT a pro machine as is evidenced by the throngs of true professionals leaving the Mac platform in droves. As for your question "What is a 'pro' these days anyhow?" it's clearly nobody Apple wants to cater to now or in the forseeable future.

15. H2SO4 macrumors 68040

For a given situation it very likely does. A Mac running Photoshop with 32GB will probably run it better than a Mac running Photoshop with 16GB. Horses for courses. If your situation means you’re better off with a Mac then get one.
    That spec argument, along with “Apple don’t release specs, or sales etc etc" is usually one trotted out by Apple zealots when their Mac is down on specs. Apple do all these things and more, when it suits them.