refurbed ipads?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by acrahm, Jun 15, 2010.

1. acrahm macrumors regular

any idea when ipads will start showing up in refurbed section?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

lol the refurb store doesn't even have a section where possible refurbished ipads could pop up.
    i think it a month or two before they show up.

4. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...they're selling so fast they just re-shrink wrap 'em as new:p

6. WRXHokie macrumors regular

WRXHokie

Usually its around 2 months after they release the product. I'd imagine any time now we'll see them pop up in the refurb store.

Much earlier than the end of July.

7. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I think it will take a while, like a few months. First, Apple probably wouldn't want to sell refurbished iPads yet. It is a brand new product, and some people might get the impression that there are lots of unhappy customers returning unwanted products, or lots of products that didn't work quite right and that get fixed and sold as refurbished. For Macs and iPods refurbished is quite normal, for the iPad it would be new.

And second, Apple uses refurbished iPads for warranty repairs (if your iPad breaks, they'll replace it with a refurbished one which is good as new, then they have all the time to turn your iPad back into a refurbished one). So they would want a certain amount of returned iPads in stock before they start selling them as refurbished.

8. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Are sales still as brisk as they were when the iPad first came out? I know in Canada there are still stores that are sold out and have waiting lists.

As long as the demand is this strong, they're not going to put out refurbs while people are waiting in line to pay full price.