Refurbished ipad questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Blorzoga, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I'm considering buying a refurbished ipad1 from either AT&T or Apple. Has anyone bought one and if so, does either AT&T or Apple replace the front glass or is there a possibility it could come scratched? Apple says they provide a new battery and a new "outer shell". Does that mean new glass?

2. superspartan macrumors member

An Apple refurbished iPad is indistinguishable from new. I just received one today and the front and back are spotless. It's my understanding that the AT&T refurbs may not be as pristine and are NOT refurbished by Apple.

3. ethics101 macrumors regular

Apple Refurbs are essentially brand new items. They come with the same warranty.

4. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Mine (WIFI only) works great and looked brand new.

5. hogo macrumors regular

they are quite a bit cheaper on att right now. You get 90 day warranty on refurbs at att, so i'm sure you could return it if something was wrong. I doubt anyone but apple repairs ipads, even the att ones.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Just received one of the AT&T 3G refurbs yesterday; the glass was unblemished. There was a little mark or two on the back aluminum, but that's it. Works perfectly, shipped the day after order and via priority mail. All in all, it's an outstanding deal, and my wifi only model now gets rehomed with a friend.

The AT&T's come in a refurb box, with a SIM, charger, cable, and manual--mine were still all wrapped in original packaging, dunno if they redo those or not.