Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Those who got your iPods, which iOS version was it running?

For refurbished iPods:
Pooleman's refurb order on the 21st came with iOS 7.0.6.
Someone I know ordered one two months ago and it came with iOS 6.
So it might still come with 7.0.6, but it may come with 7.1.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Mine came with iOS 7.0.6.

For refurbished iPods:
Pooleman's refurb order on the 21st came with iOS 7.0.6.
Someone I know ordered one two months ago and it came with iOS 6.
So it might still come with 7.0.6, but it may come with 7.1.

Thanks for the responses guys. I ordered one last night (Silver & White) from the Apple Store (Refurbished). I spoke to the rep and he stated that it would come with iOS 6 (but he stated he believes it comes with it, not certain). I'm hoping it comes with iOS 6, but even iOS 7.0.x works. You friend/family who ordered one months ago got lucky :)

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Thanks for the responses guys. I ordered one last night (Silver & White) from the Apple Store (Refurbished). I spoke to the rep and he stated that it would come with iOS 6 (but he stated he believes it comes with it, not certain). I'm hoping it comes with iOS 6, but even iOS 7.0.x works. You friend/family who ordered one months ago got lucky :)

Part of the reason I ordered the refurbished iPod touch is because the Apple website said that it would come with the iOS that came standard when the iPod was first released. Which should have been iOS 6. It turns out that my iPod coming with iOS 7.0.6 was the best case scenario. I can still jailbreak it if I want to do so and many of the apps that I use require iOS 7 to run. SO in the end it worked out for me.

thedeejay

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2012
Toronto, Canada.
Part of the reason I ordered the refurbished iPod touch is because the Apple website said that it would come with the iOS that came standard when the iPod was first released. Which should have been iOS 6. It turns out that my iPod coming with iOS 7.0.6 was the best case scenario. I can still jailbreak it if I want to do so and many of the apps that I use require iOS 7 to run. SO in the end it worked out for me.

That's interesting to know. I'll update you guys once my iPod arrives. ETA: Friday, May 2nd.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
Just received my iPod Touch, it came with 7.1. Wishful thinking on my part!

I'm surprised. iOS 7.1 hasn't been out that long. When I bought my iPad mini in January, it came with iOS 6 despite iOS 7 already having been out for three and a half months.

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Just received my iPod Touch, it came with 7.1. Wishful thinking on my part!

Bummer. You may be able to return it and refer them to their own website that says the iPod will come with an earlier version of the iOS.

fdsfds.png

So check your serial number and see if it was produced within the window when iOS 7.1 was available.

Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
I received my refurbished iPod touch last Friday. It came with iOS 7.0.6 and I jailbroke it today. I got lucky.

bro8ts

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
I purchased my itouch 4th gen 8GB from the Apple refurb store.
Took one week from the time I ordered it (from Hong Kong).
Arrived in new box in new looking condition came with new battery and 1 year warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.