Refurbs...where are they shipping from?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by SundayDuffer, Jul 6, 2011.

1. SundayDuffer macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

I'm so excited. Just bought a 27in refurb i7 3.4ghz 2011 this morning using friends and family discount (best friend works for Apple in Cupertino), original price was $1869, with the discount it came to $1738..with tax and recycling fees the total was $1889.39. Good deal i thought.
    Anyhow, i thought i'll receive the imac by next Tuesday or Wed, thinking it will be shipped from China with free shipping. But couple hrs ago, i received a tracking number from Apple and it said to be delivered TOMORROW...woot woot...next day service??? so my take is that these refurbs are actually here in Cupertino, which is 15mins drive from where i live. Is the true?

On another note, I am still debating whether i should add an additional ssd or i should pick up a R6 pegasus and run everything externally via thunderbolt (if tb are bootabled)..or i should just wait for a tb ssd externally.

any inputs will be appreciated. thx.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Refurbs ship from the U.S. Only new systems ship from China.

3. mackage macrumors 6502

Yes sir.

4. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Not necessarily. BTO's, which are new systems by the way, are assembled and shipped out of Sacramento, CA.

5. mackage macrumors 6502

The original statement was correct.... Only new systems ship from China. That means refurbs never do. He didn't state ALL new ones ship from China.

6. pac1687 macrumors newbie

7. SundayDuffer thread starter macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Ok. Sacramento is only 2 hrs drive. So either sacto or cupertino then. I check the packing slip when it arrives.

8. SundayDuffer thread starter macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

In deed, it is coming from Sacto. Just checked the update with my tracking confirmation number. Next day delivery for free is just awesome.

On Schedule

Arrived at FedEx location
    SACRAMENTO, CA

In Transit

Shipment Dates

Ship date

Jul 6, 2011

Estimated delivery

Jul 7, 2011

Destination

SAN JOSE, CA

9. iMikeT macrumors 68020

Lucky you.

Read about my current ordeal.

10. iMikeT macrumors 68020

I'll let you have this one because I'm in no mood to argue over semantics tonight.

11. dgr macrumors member

My 2011 BTO came from China.....I guess it's not consistent for some reason.

12. philipma1957, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2011

philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

I have had refurbs from TX and PA but I am east coast. The t-bolt promise have been tested as booting cases but they use hdds and this is not good for random access. No one has talked about buying either promise case and dropping in 4 ssd's or 6 ssd's and using it as a boot drive. would be fast.. I want this unit

Remarkable Performance, Diminutive Package
    The Fusion™ F2TBR 2-drive portable SSD storage system with Thunderbolt™ technology harnesses the power of ultra-fast 2.5" solid state drives to deliver unparalleled read and write performance. With its SSDs configured as a RAID 0 set, the Fusion F2TBR achieves data transfers up to 640 MB/s read and 430 MB/s write—this small wonder’s amazing performance make it ideal for high def video capture and editing. Two Thunderbolt ports support daisy chaining of up to six devices to a single port on the host computer. With its drives mounted side-by-side in a tough aluminum shell slightly larger than two stacked CD cases, this is the perfect high-performance storage solution for any editor packing light for on-location work.

Ultra-Fast—Data transfers up to 640 MB/s read, 430 MB/s write from two SSDs.
    Two Thunderbolt Ports—Daisy chain up to six devices to a single port on the host computer.
    Compact—Fusion F2TBR is about the size of two CD cases; it takes up so little space, you can carry it just about anywhere.

http://www.sonnettech.com/news/nab2011/index.html

this would be really nice on my iMacs back as the boot drive.

Attached Files:

13. OptyCT macrumors 6502

My '11 i7 3.4 refurb shipped from Sacramento.

14. SundayDuffer thread starter macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Good read. Thx. Pretty soon tb hds will be everywhere, tb cables also.

15. shahrukahn macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

My refurb 3.4 i7 had Rancho Cordova, CA (?), as the fed ex origin facility. And it's on the delivery truck as I type this, fingers crossed that nothing is wrong with it.

16. dgr macrumors member

Cool, first TB adapters. Now where is the hdmi to TB adapter. :mad:

17. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

18. SundayDuffer thread starter macrumors 6502

SundayDuffer

Woot Woot...i'm posting using the new iMac. FedEx guy rang the door bell at 9:30 this morning. I went and played a round of golf. Just gotten back hooked this baby up. Bought at 10am yesterday, 9:30am today it's here...cant asked for more for FREE shipping. Anyhow, i checked for yellow screen, I'm good. No dead pixels, no yellow screen. Man, im stoked. Im gonna tear this baby upppppppppppp...lol.