Regular AppleCare for the 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JRoDDz, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Can you purchase regular AppleCare and not the plus for the new iPhone 4S? 99$ plus 49$ to replace you are already at $150 bucks. Kind of steep no? Regular used to be $69.00

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

You may be able to. Have you gone to Apple.com and looked up AppleCare and the list of compatible products? See if the 4S is listed. If not, call Apple to confirm.

Of course, consider the old style $69 plus $199 to replace (unwritten policy) = $278, add another $199 if it happens again (and you get a really nice Genius) = $477. $150 for first accident, +50 for 2nd accident seems a wee bit better if you're accident prone.

3. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Last I knew you aren't allowed to get regular AppleCare for the 4S.

4. NoHo macrumors 6502

Regular AppleCare is fine with the 4S. Lots of people have gotten it with their orders. It just doesn't protect against accidents the way AppleCare+ does.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

You can buy it, but you wouldn't be able to use it with the 4S. Check the compatibility for the regular APP - iPhone 4, not 4S. This is my understanding, based on that, and reviews on the + release (I don't remember which, in particular, but a search should find it).

6. JRoDDz thread starter macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

I looked on apples site and it states regular Applecare for iPhone is compatible with every iphone except the 4S. If that's true, that stinks because I didn't even get a chance to buy the Applecare+ when ordering.

7. MacFan1701 macrumors member

It's weird. Online and over the phone, it looks like only + is eligible for the 4S. But in-store, I was told you can use the regular. I guess we'll find out come Friday.