Relationship Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phas3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. phas3 macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted

So me and my gf have been together for about 6 months now and before that we dated for about three months. Today we had a conversation about what she wanted do. Well to keep the story short we got to the topic about if we were going to be together in a year. She asked me if I thought we were going to be together and without a doubt in my mind I said yes. Because in my heart I felt that we are going to be. So I asked her the same question and her answer was "I don't know" she says she's being a realist and not wanting to live and think like she's in lala land.

What do you guys think about her answer...it's been on my mind since then.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I don't really think that you guys could make such a decision just in 6 months, regardless if it's for or against being together.

Don't worry about it.

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

4. phas3 thread starter macrumors 65816

Here is something else to add fuel to the fire, like I said we've been together for the past 6 months and 3 months before that we were dating. Well about two months ago as she put it the "honey moon phase" dwinddled away. However, I didn't feel like that. We use to be soo intimate with each other, I'm not talking about sex but I'm talking about the other things like holding each other, holding hands, kissing you know how couples that are in love react. Then two months ago all that intimacy slowly decreased and making love turned from 2-3 times a week to once a week.

Because we haven't been as intimate with each other like before when we would make love it started to feel like it was the only time we show intimacy with each other.

Now she want's to cut making love for a while, this is because she wants us to be completely healed first. Background, shortly after we became a relationship we were diagnosed with HPV, we don't know who gave it to who because we never showed symptoms. The outbreaks aren't crazy two to three bumps and thats it. She got treated and now they are all gone, but it's hard to tell if you still have HPV. I still have some bumps that I'm working on getting treated. But today she decided that she wanted to stop making love for a while and wait until we are both cured because she doesn't want to risk passing it to each other.

I understand that part, but I know mostly the reason why she wants to do that is because she's thinking about her future. What she is planning to do in the future that might disqualify her from this occupation and that in case we ever break up that she won't pass it on to the next guy. And she admitted to it that those were strong reasons as well.

So she asked why I'm not as worried about it as she was, my answer was that yes I know I have it and I'm working on getting it out of my system, but if it never goes away I would be fine with it because the only person I see myself with now and in the future is her.

I don't know I'm all sorts of confused....