Release Day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daniel97, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Daniel97 macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2011
    Ive never gotten an iPhone on release before so ..

My contract is now run out .. I'm just rolling waiting for the 5 ... i have my PAC code all sat waiting to go ..

When they release the 5 - can i just walk into the carrier shop (o2, vodafone) and start up a new contract?

Do carriers get them on the first day? Or just Apple?
  2. wordoflife macrumors 604

Jul 6, 2009
    Carriers will get them the same day the Apple store gets them. I think sometimes Apple has a different release date for international markets so depending on where you are from, you might be waiting a bit longer.

Hopefully that's not the case.
  3. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

Jun 23, 2010
    Normally they will let current bill pay customers first dibs. New customers will have to wait.
  4. Greatbape macrumors newbie

Jun 8, 2010
    But depending on where you live... you won't be casually walking into the store and out with a newly released iPhone. Easiest way is to pre-order when available and have it mailed to your house.
  5. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2011
    via the carrier?
  6. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Nov 24, 2010
    Scarborough, United Kingdom
    US usually get it a few weeks before the rest of the world.
  7. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

Aug 16, 2011
    Philadelphia Area
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

No matter where u live, or when the phone is released, it's going to be mayhem in any store the first week of launch. Either u camp out the day before the launch, preorder through apple OR ur carrier, or BOTH. Me, I will be preordering for in-store pick up, and camping out the night before. Can't be too careful., I love the whole "camping out for iPhone" experience.
  8. Daniel97 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 6, 2011
    Im just curious if carrier will let me pre order - thats what i want to do :)