Remember, always wear a hard hat.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacNut, Dec 5, 2014.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

2. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Holy ****, yeah, no kidding. That simple protective device means he kind of just goes about his business vs. possibly being severely injured or killed.

3. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

4. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I have a friend who works for planning and development. He wears a suit and wingtips not jeans and and boots. But on a job site, he always dons a hard hat. In his office he has an old, steel version of the hard hat with a huge dent in it and a bolt sitting next to it. That bolt fell from high above and the hard hat allowed him to be able to drive home from work rather than be carried away by an ambulance.

This guy in the video would surely have been severely injured if he had not been wearing the hard hat.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Wow, he was quite fortunate that he was wearing a hard hat.

6. Roric, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2014

Roric macrumors regular

There was someone just recently that died from being struck in the head from a tape measure dropped from about 50 floors up. He was delivering sheet rock and stopped to talk to someone in a truck. The tape measure was knocked off a belt, fell 50 stories, bounced off a constuction equipment and struck him in the head. His hat was in his truck, not on his head.

this was in New Jersey early November.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/falling-tape-measure-kills-construction-worker-in-n-j/

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

It looks like a giant snowball, chunk of ice was projected at him by whom? :eek:

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The Bosnians.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I have worked in the Balkans quite a bit and must admit that I laughed when I read this response.

Re the Minister, he was fortunate that he was wearing a hard hat; when keeping an eye out for ground that is slippery underfoot, it is very easy to overlook the fact that greater danger may come from chunks of ice falling on you from above.

In fact, for precisely this very reason, each year sees a few fatalities during the period of the thaw, in late winter, when melting icicles crash from gable ends or roofs, onto people walking below. This is why one sometimes res municipal authorities hacking away at icicles, with access to the area below temporarily blocked off, come late February or March.

10. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

That right there is one lucky guy!!!! I could only imagine what he would look like or how badly he would of been injured had he not had the helmet on! :eek: