Remember guys, your being charged for the window, not Friday.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by shenfrey, Apr 21, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I see a lot of people getting their hopes up, and rightly so they are all excited, we all are. I just wanted to bring it down a level though so your not super disappointed if it doesn't' arrive Friday.

Your being charged for the shipping window, not because your going to get it on Friday. Keep fingers crossed still, and I hope we all get ours on Friday, but lets not rely too much on it :)

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

3. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

I didn't order a window or Friday. I ordered an apple watch.

4. Dub1ous macrumors regular

Dub1ous

5. kovey, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

kovey macrumors 6502a

That's not how it works. Apple charges on Monday and delivers on Friday. It's been this way for several previous releases.

OP has absolutely no idea what he's talking about. He's literally just trying to be a buzzkill because he's in a May/June delivery.

6. LowesChevy48 macrumors member

LowesChevy48

Wow!!!!! Go back to bed!

It was already announced to Apple employees through a memo that customer who pre ordered will start receiving watches Friday the 24th. Stay positive

7. whatos macrumors 6502a

The buzz seems to be limited to the faithful. Outside of Apples walled garden it seems to be spreading no further than Apple's ads, self promotion, and the fringes.

The very distinct lack of buzz compared to other launches is a bit eerie. Radio silence unlike ever before.

Apples fortunate, with nearly unlimited resources they'll be sure this watch is perceived as a roaring success. Nothing like millions of dollars dedicated to create the illusion to match the hype.

It's a nice watch, don't get me wrong. The question is one of timing and public acceptance.

Only time will tell :)

8. murray macrumors regular

murray

Why would you do this to me.

Why now.

Why today.

WHY.

9. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

In all my years of ordering Apple products, they never take my money weeks before shipping something out. It always meant that they were about to ship something. All of this is new with the date range, but I have a feeling that they'll ship them soon if they took your money.

10. frumpy16 macrumors 6502a

frumpy16

:adds to ignore list: what a downer thread for no reason. And it's not even your only one!

11. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It seems like there are a lot of "non-tech" people eager to adopt the :apple: watch. Far more than even knew what an iPhone was before it went on sale.

12. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

One of the least necessary threads I've ever seen

13. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

14. macgeek01 macrumors 6502a

It is funny how some people have no doubt they are getting their watch on Friday even if not charged yet if they fall in the 4/24 - 5/8 window. I believe in positive thinking but don't know how you can convince yourself of these type of things when you just don't know. I'm in the 4/24 - 5/8 window myself and hope we all get our watches ASAP!

15. Qrispy macrumors regular

Qrispy

PS Santa's not real and your parents are dead.

16. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Exactly. For Friday people in the states should have been charged Monday. European orders today. Any after these dates will ship next week.

17. 196josue macrumors regular

If this was the case, then everyone with this window would have been charged, and we know that's not the case. Apple charges right before shipping.

18. macgeek01, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

macgeek01 macrumors 6502a

19. kovey macrumors 6502a

I did the same, but would prefer if his threads were hidden from me as well, not just his posts.

20. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

Correct, the OP is completely wrong.

21. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

And, just remember, when you're finally staring at your :apple:WATCH, your lifeforce has been and still is slowly slipping away.

22. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

If Apple can't manage to get these watches into the hands of the people who have already been charged by launch day, then something is seriously wrong.

23. AKRowdy macrumors regular

Not entirely sure about this. Apple has stated many times that they will only charge cards when the item gets ready to be shipped.