Reminder alerts not working

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by thebro20, Oct 11, 2015.

1. thebro20, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015

thebro20 macrumors regular

has any else noticed that if you set an alert for a reminder it doesn't work?

I'm on beta 4

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

works here. In order to get quality feedback, and not trolls, you should include replication steps so others can try, maybe you're doing something different. Saying " this is broke " almost always ends with user error.

4. thebro20 thread starter macrumors regular

what software are you on? i should have put that, I'm on beta 4. Before they worked fine, but now they don't.

5. thebro20 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm just doing the usual go into reminders, add say "wash clothes", then go to set remind me on a day and add the time. then the time comes and goes, and no alert

6. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

wasnt' beta 4 just released? Not that this is the culprit, but it's called a " beta " for a reason. Go back to 9.0.1 and see if the same thing happens. I'm on 9.0.2 and im able to use my alerts fine. and my wifes works fine, and my work phone works fine. Sounds like a user error somewhere, or, beta 4 bug.

7. thebro20 thread starter macrumors regular

yes i know its a beta, thats why I'm not too upset about it. just trying to see if anyone else has issues too since it worked fine on beta 3.

8. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

likely best to wait for a beta 4 user to report. My ipad is on beta 2.. i'll upgrade it to beta 4 now and see if i can replicate your issue!

9. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Now comes the two hour upgrade process :p

10. thebro20 thread starter macrumors regular

well let me know if it works! maybe i just need to reinstall it

11. furryb00ts macrumors newbie

furryb00ts

I have long had this problem on iPad mini. I have never managed to get Reminders to make any alarm sound.
    I can set reminders till the cows come home, but the alert never alerts.
    My system is on iOS 9.1 now but it did not work on earlier OS's either. I upgraded to an iPad mini with more space recently, and that has the same problem.

I suspect some setting or other has to be made but if so, I can not see what or where.
    Can anyone clue me in?
    Thanks,
    Irene

12. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a