Remote App help please

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spoa94, Apr 25, 2015.

1. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I cannot seem to get the remote app to pair with my Apple TV (Gen 3). The Watch shows up in the Remotes section of my Apple TV. I click on it to pair, type in the 4 digit code, and pair. The TV shows that my watch is paired but the watch just goes back to a screen asking if I want to pair a device. Has anyone gotten the remote to work????

2. kturner726 macrumors member

im having the same problem

3. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I used it last night. I didn't have to enter a pin though... It just asked which Apple TV (I have 3) then worked immediately.

4. Brian92610 macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. My watch shows up on the Apple TV fine after entering the PIN but the remote app on the watch never connects, it just gives me the same "Add device" screen and nothing more. Glad I'm not the only one with the problem!

----------

I just read on another forum that people having this problem just restarted their Apple TV and it worked. I'll try in a few minutes and let everyone know if it works.

5. Brian92610 macrumors member

A restart of the Apple TV fixed the problem for me, hope it works for everyone else!

6. turbobass macrumors 6502

God this is annoying, I restarted but nothing on Apple TV. My only disapointment with the watch so far!

7. mdawid macrumors regular

mdawid

I had same problem. Reset your watch and it should then pair with the Apple TV. At least that's what worked for me.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Make sure your iPhone remote app is paired with Apple TV first and both are on same Wifi

9. ddkkpp macrumors 6502

ddkkpp

anyone know how to activate a "long-press" on the select button with the remote app? (to turn on/off subtites in Netflix)

10. turbobass macrumors 6502

Worked this time, thank you!!