Remote App help please

spoa94

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I cannot seem to get the remote app to pair with my Apple TV (Gen 3). The Watch shows up in the Remotes section of my Apple TV. I click on it to pair, type in the 4 digit code, and pair. The TV shows that my watch is paired but the watch just goes back to a screen asking if I want to pair a device. Has anyone gotten the remote to work????

kturner726

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
I cannot seem to get the remote app to pair with my Apple TV (Gen 3). The Watch shows up in the Remotes section of my Apple TV. I click on it to pair, type in the 4 digit code, and pair. The TV shows that my watch is paired but the watch just goes back to a screen asking if I want to pair a device. Has anyone gotten the remote to work????
im having the same problem

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
I used it last night. I didn't have to enter a pin though... It just asked which Apple TV (I have 3) then worked immediately.

Brian92610

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2008
I'm having the same problem. My watch shows up on the Apple TV fine after entering the PIN but the remote app on the watch never connects, it just gives me the same "Add device" screen and nothing more. Glad I'm not the only one with the problem!

----------

I just read on another forum that people having this problem just restarted their Apple TV and it worked. I'll try in a few minutes and let everyone know if it works.

mdawid

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
I had same problem. Reset your watch and it should then pair with the Apple TV. At least that's what worked for me.

ddkkpp

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2011
anyone know how to activate a "long-press" on the select button with the remote app? (to turn on/off subtites in Netflix)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.