Remote App not connecting

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Enygmatic, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

I'm not sure if there's a dedicated thread for specific app problems, but...

I was under the impression that if you have the remote app on other devices (iPad, iPhone) that the Remote app on the Watch should automatically connect and be availabe. Indeed, when I first got the watch, I think I recall seeing that. Now, for whatever reason, it's not connecting; I even went so far as to pair it through the ATV itself. It shows that it's paired, but my Watch is stuck on the 'Add Device' screen.

The more I think about it, I'm sure when I originally looked at it, my phone was on iOS 8.4; now I'm running the iOS 9 beta (not watchOS beta). But the Watch (1.01) has its own bluetooth capabilities, no? And the Remote app works fine on my iPhone and iPad, both running iOS 9.

Anyone else experiencing this with the Remote app? I've seen at least one person mention it in the ASF. Is it an issue with the iOS 9 beta?

Attached Files:

2. Enygmatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

I should also mention that when I try to pair the Watch directly, it shows up in the Devices screen, but quickly disappears - most times before I can even get the 4-digit code in. Like the bluetooth connection is weak (though it connects to the phone fine). This happens on both the ATV and my Macs when trying to sync through iTunes. Macs are on El Cap beta but, again, ATV and Watch aren't.

3. CobraPA macrumors 6502

4. Enygmatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

Yeah, they're on the same wifi... leading me to think that it may be something with the iOS 9 beta and the Watch (1.01). And like I mentioned, the Remote app on the phone works flawlessly, even on iOS 9. I'm just wondering after looking at these various "Best Apple Watch apps" lists that keep showing the Remote app. People in the comments keep saying how great it is, and I KNOW some of them have to be using the iOS 9 beta too.