"Remove Me From The Jump Program," I Said.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nouveau-apple, Sep 24, 2015.

1. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

The Jump Program Explained.

How does this deal sound?

STEP 1
    Purchase an iPhone 6 and enroll in the jump program. When the iPhone 6s arrives, you can use your Jump!

STEP 2
    You will not be able to preorder the new phone, and you also cannot jump online. You are expected to walk into the store on launch day to complete your jump.

STEP 3
    You will then trade in your existing iPhone to get the new iPhone. Your cost for doing a jump, $400. Your existing phone only has a payoff balance of $100, however, we, T-Mobile, will take the device you're pretty much already done paying for and also take your payment for the new device.

Does that even SOUND like a deal?

No.

I'm not paying for one device, then losing the device when I shelve out more money for another one. That's the opposite of a deal. That's 1 for the price of 2.

"Remove me from Jump," I said.

2. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

4. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was a scam. I read on here that the jump program is stupid and it really is. The only good thing I got out of this terrible experience is they unlocked my phone early by mistake, so guess what? Now I'm selling this phone before its paid off and doing what I want with the money. I didn't want to keep this phone.

I gave T-Mobile my trust, and this is what I get. I don't trust them now.

So, if they offer something I'm automatically saying no.

So being with them on jump, I spent more money, missed the preorder and actually had me missing out on getting the phone early.

5. Jman13 macrumors 68000

You know you can just pay off the balance early, get your new phone and sell your old phone for quite a bit, right? It's a zero percent loan for a $750 device. There's no ripoff here. If you want to upgrade early and not have to worry about selling the phone, it's convenient. If you want to sell your old phone, pay off the balance by selling your phone and get the new one on the same plan. Pretty straightforward.

6. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's what I'm doing now. There really wasn't a point to the jump program.

7. HeroGuy macrumors newbie

HeroGuy

So from their perspective how does it benefit the customer?

A T-Mobile rep kept insisting that I enroll. I mean it doesn't cost anything extra so how are you losing out?

8. ItsmeKT macrumors newbie

ItsmeKT

I'm confused, I'm a regular jump member and I was able to preorder and upgrade my jump through tmobile.com...

9. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It does cost extra. You pay for the privilege to jump. I have already paid enough money to have purchased several iPhones while on the program.

Here's the catch; that device protection insurance that they sell with it, you know, the one that covers everyday wear and tear, well if you make use of it, you LOSE the ability to do preorder.

What's the point of trying so hard to get customers when they're just going to lose them just as quick?

10. flur macrumors 68000

First clue you're about to get screwed - a salesperson insists you need it.

11. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

I used to be in tmobile quite a lot, but not now. They wonder why their sales numbers are down.

I know more about their plans and I know more about the iPhones than any of the sales people do

She keeps talking about she likes her job and how good she did her job. I want them to do it right. When I ask direct questions, they say "Um" then say whatever it is they think I want will happen.

A lot of people on this forum are clueless too. That's because I care about the details when most don't.

12. ceiph macrumors regular

Jump jump 2 and jump on demand are all different. My mom saw the rose gold phone. Wanted one. So I signed her up for jump with a silver 6. She's used that phone for two weeks. Tomorrow she will trade that phone in when her rose gold 6s arrives. Jod has no fees. Sure she's out half a month of prorated lease payments so $10ish but that's renting and she got priority over other non jod orders

13. nouveau-apple, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015

nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly, jumping only really works if you're literally jumping like crazy, and to different phones. It doesn't benefit you if you buy a new iPhone every year.

Selling iPhones is a different market than it was 2 years ago. You're going to have to use different tactics if you want to make money. With the fact of how the phones are different now, the options available, the sizes available...even the colors available.

Selling a 16GB T-Mobile iPhone 6s and trying to make a good bit on the day before the iPhone 6s release? You'll make pennies.

I've been using Apple phones for a while now and I've always been coming away with an unlocked phone by the end of the day that I end up selling off for little money.

Everyone wants an iPhone the day it comes out but no one wants that one when the new one comes out.

That's because these phones only perform to the bare minimum. If last years model was that good people would still want to buy them.

Using an Apple phone always leaves you feeling like it's not good enough.

So they really do have a short life. And the phones can't be that good if it only lasts for a year.

What am I going to do this year? Well, as always, I wanted to get a new phone... the reason why is because last year I made a mistake buying this 6, when they got rid of the 32 I had to decide between higher or lower storage, and I chose lower.

Other than that, I really don't want the new phone all that much. It's just a thing of these phones aren't good enough.

I still want a 32GB, but I am kind of stuck with this 16GB. Like, nobody wants this phone. And how is Apple selling it if barely anyone wants it?

14. flur macrumors 68000

Sounds like your problem isn't TMo, it's that you don't like the iphone.

15. nouveau-apple, Sep 24, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015

nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

There's some things about the iPhone that I do not like. They are things that I think are purposely unresolved in order to sell phones every year. I don't think Apple had planned to release phones every year like they do now, but they saw how much money they were getting so they decided to make it a tradition.

The fact of the matter is that people are spending too much on phones. Phone prices are going up, spending on phones are going up, rate plan charges are going up. It's too much money being wasted.

Everybody feels the same way. They think the iPhone is nice but they can't wait to get another one because it's not good enough.

Instead of putting a better battery in the new iPhone, they put a smaller battery inside. The less the battery you get, the more you will have to need to upgrade, which is what happens with iPhones.

There's no good iPhone. You have to get rid of it soon. Like the 5c. Oh man. After they put iOS 9 on that, you could kiss it goodbye.

So I don't want to be on the jump program, I'm not paying extra for apple care, I'm not spending more on insurance, I'm not buying those expensive cases, I'm not getting the highest storage phone. And I'm not upgrading right away. It's not worth it.

The launch looks great and all, but 2 weeks later they'll have more 6'ss than they know what to do with.

And let's face it. Why make a big purchase on this iPhone 6s, when they KNOW they're going to have to throw the piece of crap away September 16th 2016?

16. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I don't think their sales numbers are down. If anything, they're higher than ever, as the CEO tweeted that the preorders for the iPhone 6s were up 30% from last year.

Just to clarify, were you in JUMP! 1 or JUMP! 3 (JUMP! on Demand)? I'm on JUMP! 3 and did not have any issues with the preorder. Even better, I was able to sell my iPhone 5s and pay around $60 for leasing the iPhone 6 for three months and will pay around $200 for the twelve months that I'll use iPhone 6s. None of that would have been possible without JUMP! on Demand.

17. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

It's funny how they are so desperate to get customers and then when you're trying to buy a phone they're like "sorry, we're out. um. you can go to verizon"

18. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

We are talking about the iPhone on launch day, after all.

I doubt they told you that. They are so not desperate to get customers, it's the other carriers that are desperate not to lose customers.

The numbers don't lie, T-Mobile is on track to double their customer base next year since John Legere became CEO. The other carriers wish they had the kind of growth T-Mobile has!

19. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Sounds like a plan!
    What stops you from moving to Verizon... ?

Knowing all the answers is no good until you know what all the questions are!

20. Tubamajuba macrumors 68000

Explain why plenty of people happily use older iPhones. You have it in your head that iPhones are only "okay" when they come out, and then they magically become useless when the new one comes out. That's just not true at all. Like someone else said, it sounds like you simply don't like iPhones... and you're trying to justify your dislike of them by stating the things that you believe as objective facts that can't be disputed.

The iPhone isn't for everyone, and it certainly sounds like it isn't for you. But iPhones obviously work very well for millions of people.

21. 2010lexus macrumors member

Well it sounds like it's your fault.Why wouldn't you get the 64gig it was the same price as the 32 the year before.

And as far as the iPhone only performing at the bare minimum that is total BS.
    The iPhone 5s still performs good and the iPhone 6 is good.As far as resale of the phones I think that they are 1 of the best out there if not the best.
    The only reason you should have to upgrade from a iPhone 6 to the 6s is your storage and that is all on you

22. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Because I don't want a 64GB. I still don't want a 64GB. I wanted a 32GB. But now I have no choice but to get the 64GB. So I really won't ever be happy. With Apple you don't really have any good options, you just have to fight through it.

23. ceiph macrumors regular

Since we're going down this road. I'm not sure I agree with your Apple phones life's are short. I still think the 5s is an amazing phone. The 6 had a short life because it's the last 1gb ram iPhone. However the 6s should be able to hang for awhile since apple will milk the 2gb of ram as long as possible.

24. nouveau-apple thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now that I think about it, I'm not going to be able to upgrade to a new phone out of necessity. I spent way too much on iPhones this year and I really am out too much money because of it.

Given the fact that I really don't like any of the iPhone 6s new features and that I hate iOS 9, I will permit myself to skip this phone entirely.

I would've disabled all the new features in this release anyway. I don't like anything about it. The 16GB isn't ideal but it's not treating me THAT bad.

I paid this entire phone balance and it's already unlocked. It's time to live with an iPhone for once.

See ya next year!

25. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Being totally unaware of anything T Mobile, the topic title had me thinking this...

[​IMG]
    :D