Removed Posts

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by HkyGrL2, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HkyGrL2 macrumors member

HkyGrL2

I am a new iPhone owner and am thrilled that I have found this site. Thanks cybergypsy, for mentioning this site.
    My first two posts were deleted and I don't know why. I submitted my questions to the "contact us" link and hope to hear soon.
    Can anyone here enlighten me on why my posts might have been deleted?

I joined this site because a member of another forum told me that she got some iphone wallpapers from this site. That was my main reasoning for joining this community. My first post said something like the following...
    "I found a website that has a ton of wallpapers for your iphone, which I believe someone of you guys have gotten pictures from. www.xxxxxxx.com" <---I am not going to include the website. Did it get deleted because someone thought I was a spam bot?

Then, the next post was "why was my last post deleted?".
    That post was also deleted?

What's going on? Can someone clue me in please!!!!! :confused::mad:

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. HkyGrL2 thread starter macrumors member

HkyGrL2

So, that is why it was deleted....

Thanks for the link to PM a mod.

4. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

For future reference, please keep any such matters between yourself and the moderators. For instance, your message via Contact Us was the right way to go, as is using the Private Message function.

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

sounds like you got a reply to your question, but since this comes up from time to time, I'll just post a general response to it.

We have moderators on the forums to try to keep things on-topic.

"Spam" posts sometimes can be tricky - as in this case, it seems like you just posted a site that you liked... which is fine. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between that and someone registering just to plaster their site around.

Beyond that, very off-topic posts are generally delted without explanation, especially in news stories, since we try to keep conversation somewhat focused.

arn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.