Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was a non-jailbreak way to remove the "AT&T" text from my header bar like Apple seems to do in their commercials.
I'll post a picture below.
Thanks! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-12 at 9.23.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-12 at 9.23.59 PM.png
    232 KB · Views: 456

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
As far as I know, there's no way to remove it without JB.
I wish there was an option though. I think showing the carrier name 24/7 is useless. They should only show it when you're roaming.

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I wish there was an option though. I think showing the carrier name 24/7 is useless. They should only show it when you're roaming.

That's what I'm thinking too. It just looks unattractive. Especially after seeing all the iPhone ads everywhere, it makes me kinda mad that I'm not able to change it myself through iTunes or something. Weird move on Apple's part. Now that the iPhone runs on several networks, they should at least make it an option. No one really needs to see their network name constantly. I think seeing the bill once a month should just about do it for most people lol

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area

I second this. But I would think it's part of some agreement between Apple and the carriers since Apple does not allow the carriers to put their logos on the iPhone itself. That may be why the carrier name is required to always be present. But ideally I would like it without the carrier in the status bar. It just creates unnecessary clutter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.