Replace memory from Ipod 60GB to Iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Olly, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Olly macrumors newbie

Would it be possible to put the memory from an ipod video 60GB into an Iphone? By opening up the ipod and opening up the iphone and switching the memories around?

And if any one knows when the iphone comes out in italy tell me please
    Thanks

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Nope. Can't do it.

3. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Due to the different connections, no.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Two different sizes of HDD, two different types of HDD, two different forms of software to write to them (although not that different).

An Italian friend of mine has an iPhone. He was an exchange student here and when he bought one I unlocked it for him. So, find Tobi Mosser and there's your Italian iPhone!

5. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Not quite right: the iPhone has flash memory that's soldered directly onto its motherboard. The iPod has an HDD that's also probably directly soldered on (although it might be a ZIF, I don't know for sure).

6. jeffmc macrumors 6502

the HDD in an ipod with an HDD (1-4th gen + videos + classics) are all remove-able

they are not soldered on. nanos, touches, phones and shuffles are flash and are soldered directly onto the logic board of each respective device.

7. LoneWolf121188 macrumors 6502a

Oh, really? I didn't know that. What interface does it use?

8. TimJim macrumors 6502a

No. It could be possible to replace the iPod 8GB with a 16GB. But i believe you would have to remove it from the logic board itself which would probably screw it up.

9. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

It's one of those things where if you ask how you do it, then you can't :rolleyes:

10. castfno macrumors newbie

If you want to make an 8GB a 16GB, just replace the 8GB logic board with a 16GB. No need to mess things up with trying to actually swap out the chips on the boards.