Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Does anyone know if they use the same connector? I really want to do this cus the mba screen is sooo much better!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
One of the members here tried that as soon as he found out the MBA and the MB use same connectors. However, it appears that when he did the successful change the MBA screen sometimes didn't go on, and when it did, it hummed or gave out a high pitched noise, while the connector cable got really hot.

Goes to say, he couldn't mod it with a MBA screen. You can try, and results may end up the same as that poster, but if you do try, I hope it goes fine and your mod goes fine.

Maybe you can get lucky.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
One of the members here tried that as soon as he found out the MBA and the MB use same connectors. However, it appears that when he did the successful change the MBA screen sometimes didn't go on, and when it did, it hummed or gave out a high pitched noise, while the connector cable got really hot.

Goes to say, he couldn't mod it with a MBA screen. You can try, and results may end up the same as that poster, but if you do try, I hope it goes fine and your mod goes fine.

Maybe you can get lucky.

Forgot one thing POST PICS! :p

charlyparis

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
CHANGE macbook air lcd with macbook pro

Hello can you please please tell me if you succeeded to replace macbook pro lcd with macbook air lcd .
please help.
thanks and regards
charly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.