Replaced Itouch 4 having older SHSH blobs

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blue.corona, Nov 25, 2011.

1. blue.corona macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am a new member to macrumors.com. My name is steve

I have recently got my itouch replaced with a new one which has a stocked ios 4.3.5. I connected it to tinyumbrella to get SHSH blobs saved - in case I wanted to jailbreak at some point.

To my utter surprise I got two ios SHSH blobs already saved on cydia server.
    - 4.3.5 (I saved this one)

Does it mean its already used or there might be some other possibility?? Kindly point me in the right direction.
    I did search it but got no answers.

2. GeniusJon macrumors regular

Did you buy a new one, or get one replaced from Apple.

If its the latter, its a refurbished unit. (No difference in quality, please don't complain)

3. blue.corona thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanx for the reply. It is a replaced unit. Actually there are two problems:

1) The guys at apple said that the replaced unit will be new and not refurbished.

2) The major problem is that it has battery draining issue. My last itouch had no such issue. The new refurbished one doesn't even stand a day even after clean install while the previous one worked for days before dying out.

And its no point asking for a replacement again I guess.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Well that's not true. They are indeed refurbished, but they look like new ;).
    If your device has a battery drain issue, I'd suggest restoring it in iTunes. It's generally a software issue, not a hardware issue ... so going to the Apple store for another replacement wouldn't be very beneficial.

5. GeniusJon macrumors regular

I suggest you restore to whatever OS version you choose (preferably iOS 5) and see if the issue persists. If it does, one more trip to the Apple Store would be needed.

6. blue.corona thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys for replying.
    I have restored it many a times to see if the problem persists. I am not sure if its IOS 5.0.1 that's causing the issue so I am waiting for an software update.
    Another thing, as soon as I put it to charging, its battery meter shows that its 50% charged. It also discharges very quickly when it reaches 50% after usage, in fact it switches off in minutes. That never happened with my previous iPod. Could there be a battery issue?
    I will do another restore and see what happens.