replacement: credit? and call back.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SPNarwhal, May 7, 2010.

1. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816

SPNarwhal

long story. logic board has been replaced 3 times, other parts replaced too.
    i'm working with a guy over the phone, he told me to get my laptop repaired one last time, and if it acts up again, he would work for a replacement for me.
    gave me his extention and such.
    i called him 2 days ago, left a voice mail. no call back yet,
    and no call back until monday now i guess, since his voice mail says 1-2 business days. though it has been.

so my two questions are:

should i wait for him to call me back? (i tried calling him back a few times, only got the voice mail)
    or should i just talk to another apple rep?
    i mean, does it matter who is "handling my case"?

also, if a replacement is issued, are they (or will they) issue me store credit for the amount of the replacement machine instead of giving the machine itself?
    reason being, i'd like to upgrade it and pay the difference but i won't be able to until next paycheck.

2. nconnella macrumors regular

I'll answer the second part first. They will replace it with what they feel is the closest thing to it by specs. They do not go by price.

The second part, call back and speak to someone else, say exactly what you told us, and ask politely to speak to a senior advisor. Explain you have had your logic board replaced three times and you can't afford to have it gone again. I think if you politely express your frustration and get on the phone with a senior advisor you should have a replacement in no time. Three times is enough for a replacement. It's all about being polite, being on the phone with someone with power and convincing them, a fourth replacement won't fix it, and that it's too costly for you to have computer to be gone for so long and so many times. Good luck!