Replacement Stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IconIc215, Oct 7, 2015.

1. IconIc215 macrumors regular

Anyone else having issues with getting their 6S+ replaced? Seems stores around me have no stock and the express replacement option offered is taking well over a week and still has not shipped. Usually when I used this service before it shipped same or next business day. Wasn't sure if it was just my general area or if this was a common theme.

2. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i am getting my 6s+ replaced. went to the apple store on friday. They ordered the replacement for me and i got the notification to pick it up on Monday!

3. cale508 macrumors regular

I hear you!! I have been waiting for mine and still hasn't arrived, not even a confirmation email. I have been in contact with Apple and the only thing they tell me is "the order is there" just give it a couple of days. It would be nice if at least I can see if it's in process or something. I have no record of the order, doesn't even show up with the case number. It's beyond frustrating. Worst experience ever!!

4. EngenZerO macrumors regular

I'm in a similar situation with Apple Care+ Express Replacment: iPhone 6S+ 64GB Space Grey.

I have a bad Ear Receiver. The Ear Receiver makes a rattle sound when I talk to people.

I talked to Apple yesterday. Was on hold for 35 mins to find out that it's completely backordered. I called Apple Care, asked for repair status, and it connected me to a someone in the Repair Status area. She proceeded to put me on hold and had to central dispatch to find that out why my order hasn't shipped. She was informed that have no ETA on when they are receiving replacement stock to fill these. She said wait till Friday and call back again.

EDIT: I also made an Genius Bar appointment after that phone call for later this weekend. See if I can potentially get some resolution there.

5. Orangeman13 macrumors regular

Orangeman13

I got mine replaced within 48 hours in Cincinnati

6. IconIc215 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I don't understand...it is called express for a reason I hate to see how long it takes if you don't opt for this method. This launch for me has been the most frustrating of them all and I upgrade every year. I am almost to the point to stop calling asking for an update because they tell me something different everytime. At least I know I am not the only one experiencing this.

7. cale508 macrumors regular

You are correct, you are not the only one, but what surprises me is that Apple should have a batch of phones for replacements and a batch for sale. I'm sure they sold everything and now they don't have stock. They care more about the money than keep their customers happy.

8. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Maybe they've had to send out too many replacements due to people finding out they had Samsung chips in their original phone...

C

9. IconIc215 thread starter macrumors regular

For those who have pending express replacements...how long has yours been pending for?

10. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

Why would you go through the Genius Bar or AppleCare to get a replacement? You are still within your return periods, just exchange it for a new retail unit.

11. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

12. IconIc215 thread starter macrumors regular

Ideally I would like to however the only local Apple store near me rarely has any stock and my return time is running out. I don't have a backup as I already sold it so I can't be without a phone for work purposes. I feel like there is a huge shortage this year for some reason probably screen related.

13. IconIc215 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been checking every morning at 8 am to reserve one but never have my carrier in the size I need. At this point I would not be too picky for color but they just never available and the online back ordered out a few weeks.

14. throwthedice macrumors regular

So I'm not the only one with a bad ear receiver. I'm awaiting an express replacement as well after having gone to the Genius Bar. What a waste of time that trip to the Genius Bar was :|

15. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

My store gets replacements every day, just not many. I had to go twice before they had them in stock.

16. EngenZerO macrumors regular

17. throwthedice macrumors regular

I'm guessing the 14 day return period doesn't apply in these cases..?

18. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

It does apply.

19. EngenZerO macrumors regular

It did apply, but no store has had the 6s+ 64GB SG model in stock. Also Apple's best solution was to return and be without a phone for 2 week eta and suggested I go get a burner phone and wait. I figured Apple Care+ would be faster

Also since initiating the warranty it denies me from returning at least to Apple Online. Oh well. I guess I will continue waiting.

20. throwthedice macrumors regular

Okay I'm a little confused here

I placed my replacement request yesterday so what I would want to understand is that will the 14 day return period apply to me assuming the phone does not arrive within that period?
    Or does merely initiating the return process enusre that I get a replacement regardless of when they send me my replacement device?

21. EngenZerO macrumors regular

If you ordered from Apple.com go to your order status and try to initiate a return. When I tried that it denied me returning. I have not tried returning it in the store or calling to initiate a return. This is what happened to me after initiating the Express Replacment. In theory you have a 14 day window. I just haven't researched any further. I'm ok with waiting.

So, if you placed an Express Replacement with Apple Care you will receive your phone when they get them in stock and then you ship your phone back. This is what I was told yesterday when I called in to find out a potential ETA.

22. cale508 macrumors regular

My 14-day window expires tomorrow. This is unacceptable for a company that brags about "excellent" customer service.

23. hr10 macrumors member

Guys so i received my 6s plus replacement today as my previous one had a loose home button, but they sent me a unit in the small white box. When i called that guy told me i will be receiving a brand new unit with original packaging. Wonder if you guys have the same experience?

24. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68000

MuGeN PoWeR

i had the same experience. it was in a small white box just the phone only. i ended up returning the iphone. and getting a new one.

25. IconIc215 thread starter macrumors regular

That is typical what any replacement is..Phone only no accessories. I canceled my pending replacement as I was able to reserve a new one in store so I just returned and repurchased. I didn't want to risk waiting and my return period was today.