OS X Republique

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rajpatel, Dec 25, 2013.

1. rajpatel macrumors regular

This game I find to be pretty cool but the controls annoy me sometimes and I am sick of repeating certain sequences

2. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I saw it listed as an iOS game. How much freedom of movement is there or is it move to designated points on the screen?

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It's kind of neat, actually. You exist as a hacker inside the security system, and you "move" by hopping from security camera to security camera. You move the character, Hope, by simply tapping where to go. The controls work really well for a touchscreen, but it's getting a PC/Mac redesign next year.

OP, if you're having difficulty, make sure you are locking guards inside rooms. You should never have to sneak past more than one guard at a time.

4. rajpatel thread starter macrumors regular

Fascinating. I will have to try that. I hope I don't feel guilty later about this tip. Usually once I consult a FAQ my will to not do so later evaporates

----------

Far as I know, u can't open and close doors, only move the character. It's all stealth, no combat, and no actual operations other than touchpad door operation. But I don't see a usable touchpad at the guard stations but I will double check, since I will be passing those areas a zillion more times to come. I actually advanced to level 2 which is in a grand palace but that was on my mini which I returned