Requesting what make of SSD you want?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Bohdiez, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Bohdiez macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if you can request what type of SSD you want wether it's a Samsung or Toshiba? Same with type of display with a Samsung or LG?
    I'm back and forth as to which I will go with,either the fully loaded Air 13" or the bare bones 15" Pro. It seems every day I bounce back and forth.
    My usage is just the average joe surfing the net, checking some emails, taking it to the cottage. Nothing to major just looking for something other than a PC. Lol

Also I will be buying in January of the new year and this will be my very first Mac!

2. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Nope, no way to request. And for the usage model you're talking about, you won't notice, anyway.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Your usage doesn't warrant a "loaded" 13" Air. Hell, your usage doesn't warrant much more than an iPad.

If you're deadset on getting a notebook pick up the base 11" Air. If you'd prefer larger screen size, then choose between the 13" Air or the base 15" MBP.

You will see absolutely no virtual difference between manufacturers. Ignore it.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

You can't pick specifically which parts you want. Just ignore it unless you have a major problem with your computer when you receive it. Best of luck.

5. Bohdiez thread starter macrumors newbie

To funny about getting just an IPad lol. Your right thought just basic stuff is all.
    I just won't read so much into it and just get on board the Mac world!

Thanks again

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think with a base model 13" MacBook Air you're be fine, if you want a real computer and something very portable.