reservation without IUP.. please read

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tm0000, Sep 27, 2016.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

So, I really really want to get the MB 7+.. I reserved one about an hour and a half away through the IUP. I don't want to do the apple iphone ipgrade program. I just want to pay full price.

Do you think there is any way they will let me buy the phone even if I don't want to do the IUP? It's going to be really tough for me to drive there, but what do you think the chance is, of them selling me the phone without the IUP? Should I not even bother?

Is there anything I can say, that they would sell it to me without the IUP (full price)? Please any advise is appreciated.

Thanks!

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Just tell them you want to to buy it device only. Honesty is the best policy.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

4. 1981d macrumors regular

I bought mine through the Apple Store app on my iPad, and just selected in store pickup. See if they have availability and if so, buy it full price and cancel your IUP reservation

**Edit** This should work on their website as well.

5. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been checking multiple times a day, there is no availability :(
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    I know. I am so worried, I'll be driving all the way there for no reason :(

6. 1981d macrumors regular

I would cancel the IUP and keep trying to buy full price for in store pickup. Lots of supply seems to be coming online, you will prolly get it before the week end. Just try to buy at 12:02 am when the system updates

7. MacTechnics macrumors 6502

What about if someone reserved a phone to exchange it? Whether it's cause they wanted one with higher storage or a different color. Do they not let you reserve it?

8. mbern1008 macrumors regular

The whole system is screwed up.... There should not be a single phone in store until every preorder made prior to the first sale date is handed to a customer

9. 7roca7 macrumors member

7roca7

I believe yesterday Apple put a stop on people using the upgrade program if they really weren't upgrading.

10. Ds6778 macrumors 6502

Ds6778

11. mbern1008 macrumors regular

I did on Saturday after driving to an a half hours and didn't know they close the loophole and it took about an hour fighting with them before they gave in

12. tm0000 thread starter macrumors regular

Did you have to argue? Is there anything I can say to change their mind?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    Is there anything I can say to change their mind?

Thanks so much!

13. mbern1008 macrumors regular

I fought with them mainly saying that it's not clear on the reservation page that it's IUP only and I was told by the store in Rockaway New Jersey that is what I should do. Also made it known multiple times I drove 2 1/2 hours to get there and I wasn't leaving without itj