Reserve - What would first day wait be like?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gefowler, Jun 13, 2010.

1. gefowler macrumors newbie

Unless I stay at home, I don't think I can count on someone to be at home for a delivery, and I can't get it delivered to work, so I'm considering doing a reserve and picking it up in the store on the first day.

A couple of people have indicated that many stores end up with two lines - one for those who reserved, and one for those who don't.

If you are reserving, what has it been historically like? How early would you show up (given that you should be guaranteed if you have it reserved), and how long do think it would be once the store opens before you'd get it? Also, do they open stores early on the first day, or is it normal times?

(I'm considering the Boylston St store in Boston)

-G

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

AT&T will garantee that if you pre-order one, you will get it. Apple doesn't garantee that.

3. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

When ever i reserved one, it was guaranteed to be there with my name on it until close of business release day. Every time i have gone, there's been one waiting for me.

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Incorrect. They both guarantee, except Apple only holds the phone for 24 or 48 hours whereas AT&T holds it longer if you're doing an instore pickup.

5. gefowler thread starter macrumors newbie

As long as they can hold it until 3 pm, that's fine. I'm going to get it the first day one way or another, preferably in the morning.

So my question remains -- if you do reserve for in-store purchase / pickup, what is it typically like on the first day? Is it best to come early even with a reserve, and if so how early? Do they open stores earlier than usual (store normally opens at 10 am)? And how much time should I alot to this (e.g.: when could I reasonably expect to be at work) ?

Thanks,

G

6. matt550 macrumors 6502

Im doing the instore pick up as well. I get off work at 2:30pm and will go right after work.

I thought Apple guaranteed you a phone, but only for the first 24 hours, after that it went into stock ?

7. youngsunnz macrumors regular

Apple will guarantee your order for the first 24 hours.