Resolved

misterine

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
everything got fixed for free..
they didnt find any liquid damage.. which is odd..
they replaced my logic board.. sleep/wake issue
my airport.. poor wireless signal
and my topcase

Xapphire13

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
South Australia
Alright so.. my friend accidenlty like spilled beef fat on my mac and now the lighting is uneven on the keyboards and when its left out in the cold the keys take a while to work. So can i go to the genuis bar and pretend i dont know what happened and get it replaced?
Odd conversation whilst your there?

You: Not really sure what happened
Genius: Well... Theres your problem! There appears to be fat all over your laptop...
You: Oh! really? Didn't notice!
Genius: Now how would fat get on a laptop without you knowing?

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
I can hardly wait to see what the next thing a forum user will spill on his mac, beef fat is definitely a most excellent choice, well player sir :apple:

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
When I saw this thread title - I was hoping - genuinely hoping, that somehow scolding hot fat was dumped on it - and I wanted to see how well plastic deformed @ that temp.

Ahh - there's always next time. And for the next time - pics please. :D

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I can hardly wait to see what the next thing a forum user will spill on his mac, beef fat is definitely a most excellent choice, well player sir :apple:
Indeed, tomfoolery of this caliber is matched only by the rather outlandish assumption that Apple will merely fix a beef fat-laden beefybook pro out of the kindness of their hearts.

I tip my hat to you, OP.

yensteel

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Get your friend to pay for a keyboard replacement as well as any other damages caused by the accident.

It's always better to have some sort of Keyboard protector on your Macbook Pro to avoid serious damage from accidents like these.

Davidkoh

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2008
Alright so.. my friend accidenlty like spilled beef fat on my mac and now the lighting is uneven on the keyboards and when its left out in the cold the keys take a while to work. So can i go to the genuis bar and pretend i dont know what happened and get it replaced?

If you go to the genius bar or send it in they will see you spillt something, so they will void your warranty, not repair anything and maybe even charge you a fee for their job.

milamber

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2008
Wow... just wow.

At least you're being honest about being dishonest I guess...

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
You do that. You pop along and lie your little heart out. :rolleyes:

zoomungus

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2009
lakenheath UK
Er..........good luck with that!:rolleyes:

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
This needs to be a sticky.

I can't tell you how many times I walked around with a cup of beef fat, almost spilling it on my laptop

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
This needs to be a sticky.

I can't tell you how many times I walked around with a cup of beef fat, almost spilling it on my laptop
Well, the way I look at it is... he can now prove it when he tells people that his MBP is pretty beefy. :D

I'm more worried about how it's going to smell when it gets pretty hot while he's running processor-intensive tasks. ;)

I'm sure the OP is about to find out how much of a good friend he has when he asks the friend to contribute a large part towards the repair bill. :) I also suspect that if he ever sells the MBP, the buyer won't be a vegetarian. :p

Shownarou

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
Newton, IA
Oh wow.. Just... Wow...

Can't stop laughing at this one.

Notice how it's always a "friend" who spills (said random liquid) on the macbook?

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Oh wow.. Just... Wow...

Can't stop laughing at this one.

Notice how it's always a "friend" who spills (said random liquid) on the macbook?
In recent times, 'random liquid' = beef fat, tears, rain. Wonder what's next. ;)

Sometimes I wish I was working at Apple, doing their hardware repairs, because they must have tons of great stories!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
No you cannot.. They will charge you no matter what lie you tell them. Good luck in life thinking that's the way you're going to get through everything.

Wow... just wow.

At least you're being honest about being dishonest I guess...
I say kudos for being honest about being dishonest. I mean, his "friend" spilled beef fat? WTF was his "friend" doing with beef fat? Would chicken fat have been a better option? I eat more chicken than I do beef so I am curious.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
Wow, I have seen lots of "I spilled...." threads on this forum but never beef fat......make your friend pay for any repairs.